Value of: Bobby Ryan

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
You should compare Ryan and Berglund's stats over the past couple of seasons. It's down right ugly at his current cap hit and still bad at 5.5. With the plethora of RW prospects the Blues have in the pipeline it makes more sense to just to use Berglund as a stop gap than being tied down to Ryan's contract.

I mean really neither are stop gaps. They both have term. I guess you could argue that Berglund is at least effective up an down the lineup with his possession metrics but yeah, I am just not a fan of watching him lol

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bobby Ryan’s value is in a deal with Karlsson. Nothing else I think.
I really can't believe the Sens are going to take their best trade chip, and ruin his value to move Bobby Ryan.

Why not trade EK separately. Get the best value. Then use some lesser chips to move Ryan. Unless EK is the only way to move Ryan?

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
If the Sens are concerned about reaching the cap floor, why not trade Ryan at 50%? A 0.5 ppg player that is injury-prone and has playoff production at $3.6 million would probably be a risk that a team or two would consider.

I get that that's $15 million in dead salary so that's where this plan would fall apart but weighing down a Karlsson return with Ryan's contract would be: (a) an instant classic move by management and (b) further devastating to Sens fans.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ryan at 60% cap hit ($4.35M) would probably be neutral value going forward.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Bobby Ryan no retention and this years #4 to The Rangers for Brendan Smith and a second

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018

This is kind of what I imagine as well, though I think that maybe getting another team to pay closer to $5m of the contract is probably the way they're likely to go if it happens at all. Trading Hoffman and then moving EK65 AND Ryan would probably leave them some work to do to even get to the floor. A small amount of salary retention on Ryan or taking on the Clarkson contract would probably be a decent direction to go in as well.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh if his hands werent made of glass,then we likely could move him for a positive...When healthy he is a legit top 6 forward,unfortunately this is never....Which is why we should just keep him ,as he is likely to be LTIRED before that contract is up anyhow

Reactions: Seven0two

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Bobby Ryan no retention and this years #4 to The Rangers for Brendan Smith and a second

What? Both guys are overpaid ~$3M. Ryan has an extra year on his contract, that isn’t so much negative value that the 4th pick gets you a second. More like ryan and a 2nd for Smith.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I don’t think so, if Ryan was a UFA this summer, would any team offer him 4 years at 4.35M? If the answer is no (it is), then why trade for him at that contract for neutral value when you wouldn’t sign him to it for free?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->