bobby ryan --top 3 pick??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubfan

Jun 1, 2004
with the way bobby ryan is playing this year i think he should get some serious looks as a top 3 pick!! i dont care how bad his skating is or how slow he is...it sure seems like he is playing amazing and he is a tank!!!! go bobby go!!

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
his skating has improved, and can only get better. plus id rather take a chance on someone who is a natural goal scorer and has 90 point plus nhl potential, then someone who is a very good skater, but cant finish, when i could get them alot later in the draft. scoring is at a premium in the nhl and i dont know how ryan cant be a top 5 pick with his hands and size combo. he definitely has star quality and future captain ability. hopefully with his play in the last month and a half he will be projected higher, top 3 is very realistic.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
dubfan said:
with the way bobby ryan is playing this year i think he should get some serious looks as a top 3 pick!! i dont care how bad his skating is or how slow he is...it sure seems like he is playing amazing and he is a tank!!!! go bobby go!!

the way Robin Big Snake is putting up points in the OHL, it makes me wonder about Ryan's point totals so far. I mean, Big Snake in the WHL could not do anything and then he goes to the OHL and is on more than a point per game pace.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
HabLover said:
the way Robin Big Snake is putting up points in the OHL, it makes me wonder about Ryan's point totals so far. I mean, Big Snake in the WHL could not do anything and then he goes to the OHL and is on more than a point per game pace.

Not really. Last year Big Snake produced at the same pace as a guy like Setoguchi did last year in the WHL. And he's now at about the same pace as Setoguchi this year.

It's more about age and development, than quality of competition.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Ryan a top 3 pick?
NO WAY, and I like him big time!

Seriously, Crosby, Brule and Johnson are the three top pick in the upcoming draft I can't see one of the last two falling in the rankings anyway.
Ryan is a surefire top ten pick but not more.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
much like Ovechkin, Malkin and Barker being the top 3 this past year, Crosby, Brule and Johnson are the top 3 for 05. I see a team trading down, if only a spot or two, to take Ryan far more likely then Johnson or Brule falling out of the top 3.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
I have him ranked 4th but I just don't see him jumping over Brule on my rankings. I think if he continues to play this way he may make it into the top 5 of ISS and/or McKeens. He definitely is a surefire top 10.

TCB2004

Nov 29, 2004
Does this kid get his nose dirty? I read he's big but can't seem to get a guage on whether he's physical or not. Does he muck it up in the corners or is he a big finesse guy like Daze?

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
TCB2004 said:
Does this kid get his nose dirty? I read he's big but can't seem to get a guage on whether he's physical or not. Does he muck it up in the corners or is he a big finesse guy like Daze?

Board and corner play doesn't seem to bother or phase him. He might not seem mean and nasty because he doesn't go out of his way to make big hits or anything like that. He plays it fairly clean but can handle himself.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
RuzickaFan23 said:
Board and corner play doesn't seem to bother or phase him. He might not seem mean and nasty because he doesn't go out of his way to make big hits or anything like that. He plays it fairly clean but can handle himself.

Yeah, he's a very accomplished hitter when he wants to be, and being down low and grinding along the boards is one of the keys to his offensive game, he's so unbelieveably strong and his puck possesion down low is amazing.

The Commish

Dec 11, 2004
I saw Ryan for the first time on Friday, I wasnt that impressed. He did score an empty netter, but was pretty silent all night, hopefully I get the chance to see him again to form a stronger opinion.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
well anything can happen, remember a few years ago when dipietro went #1, and also jbo was almost a shoo-in for #1 and he went #3. i think its safe to say that crosby will go #1, but some team could trade up or just may not want a defenseman and take ryan at 3, stranger things have happened. he should go in the top 5, top 3 can happen, although 4 or 5 is more likely.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
The Commish said:
I saw Ryan for the first time on Friday, I wasnt that impressed. He did score an empty netter, but was pretty silent all night, hopefully I get the chance to see him again to form a stronger opinion.

He scored two goals actually, I don't know what game you were at, but I wan't the one I was.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chief said:
Except Doan is a big-time hitter.

and that is where I hear alot of contradicting statements regarding Bobby Ryan. Can someone who sees him play alot, please clear this up for me. Is he a big hitter? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->