Proposal: Bobby Ryan to the Oilers

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I think the Oilers should take a page on Bobby Ryan, a low-risk high reward acquisition.
A fairly big and naturally skilled player. I think with Drai and McDavid passing him the puck he could get back on track for some solid production(a 50 point type of a guy maybe more). Bobby Ryan could add a little mean to the roster as well. To add, he isn't far removed from a 40 point plus campaign(3 years ago), and even in his last 2 years, he has 20 points in 47 games(19 being at EV), on some questionable teams. I think Ryan could succeed if given some powerplay minutes and he could add a nice shooting element on there. He has worked hard to get back here, and I think sending him to a playoff team with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, he could prove something out there.

Edmonton
Bobby Ryan
6th 2022

Detroit
3rd 2022

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
1- oil arent going anywhere so why bother wasting futures
2- ryans worth more than that offer

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
1. Still going to playoffs as long as CGY and MTL continue struggling.

2. Ryan isnt worth a 2nd so value seems about right.

Factor in quarantine and the fact EDM has no 2nd (and 3rd?) This draft makes it a pass.

Reactions: TFHockey

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009

1- The Oilers are very solidly in a playoff spot
2- Is he? 12 points in 21 games, 33 years old. The one thing that may make him more valuable is his cheap contract and the fact that many playoff teams don't have the space for anyone more expensive.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Don’t the Oilers have enough forward depth? Don’t they constantly rotate out Turris, Chiasson, Neal, Ennis, and others as healthy scratches?

Reactions: TFHockey

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
thinking some are judging what ryan is today by what he was last season . but hes better today , and producing on junk units with the likes of filpula at center and nemeth / merril on d .

also , any of you notice what the leafs just did to the oil ? they arent going anywhere

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Don’t the Oilers have enough forward depth? Don’t they constantly rotate out Turris, Chiasson, Neal, Ennis, and others as healthy scratches?
Ryan has natural talent and skill, they could elevate him to a legit top 6 player, take a little risk in hopes of striking gold. If Ryan performs great, he could be signed cheap AND still give a few solid years to Edmonton.

edit: Ryans also their leading scorer this year, playing 16 mins a game, he's obviously not their best player but he's putting up some points, now imagine him with one of your top 2 players. He's pacing for 43 points per 82, Connor or Drai could make him a 50 or 60 point player. He's not even an expensive add, makes a lot of sense to me.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
They have rotated all of those guys out. We have plenty of depth, but we need someone to win faceoffs and kill penalties, and a middle six goal scoring winger. So there is a fit.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Take out Samorukov then I would do it.

Lol I’m sure you would but what on earth does Detroit get out of that ?

Detroit trades two players that could net them picks while taking on a couple of your useless player. Can we do you any other free favours?

Last edited:
Reactions: BStinson

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ryan is a good person and looks to have found his game somewhat....He should be a good add for the Oil...But maybe he wants to stay in Detroit....That pick should still be available next season ,and Detroit could still use him on a cheap one year deal,for next season

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Lol I’m sure you would but what on earth does Detroit get out of that ?

Detroit trades two players that could net them picks while taking on a couple of your useless player. Can we do you any other free favours?
Why would the Oilers trade Samorukov, who is coming off an amazing season in the KHL, for bottom six players.

Samorukov has the potential of being a top a 4 D man in the league.

We will gladly keep him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad