Proposal: Bobby Ryan for Milan Lucic

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Ottawa would say no because of the term on Lucuc. Edmonton would say no because their player is cheaper and better.

I honestly don't think either player is really "done" just yet. When I watch Ottawa play, Ryan is noticeable. He doesn't have a lethal shot anymore. But he drives the play a bit, and gets chances. But that contract (And Lucic's, too) is brutal.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ryan might be shiftier and more deceptive when carrying the puck but in terms of getting up and down the ice, it's close.

If I'm the Sens, I'm keeping Ryan. I'm a Habs fan so there is no bias. I do think Ryan is the better skater. Not sure about top end straight line speed but he clearly looks like the better skater in the eye test.

Ryan > Lucic

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If I'm the Sens, I'm keeping Ryan. I'm a Habs fan so there is no bias. I do think Ryan is the better skater. Not sure about top end straight line speed but he clearly looks like the better skater in the eye test.

Ryan > Lucic

Yes, I guess Ryan is the better skater. That's fair. However the better player overall? Taking in the past few years... Lucic wins.

Also Lucic has a NMC.

Also Edmonton cannot absorb an additional $1.25 Million in cap.

No trade to be made here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes, I guess Ryan is the better skater. That's fair. However the better player overall? Taking in the past few years... Lucic wins.

Also Lucic has a NMC.

Also Edmonton cannot absorb an additional $1.25 Million in cap.

No trade to be made here.

Lucic+ for Alzner+ would be a better deal. Oilers need depth on D and Alzner is not that bad in his own end. He just sucks at transition and moving the puck to open forwards cause his vision is poor. Believe it or not, I actually think Lucic waives his NMC to go to Montreal. The real problem here is he needs to be protected in the next expansion draft which is a big deal. He can be bought out but that's easier said than done.

Neither teams fan base would love this deal however. So that's why I added the + to each side.

Lucic and a 2019 2nd for Alzner and Scherbak? I actually think Alzner could be a good fit for the young Bouchard. Just a thought. Habs played Alzner with Juulsen last year towards the end of the season and it has some success.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Seriously? I don't think Ryan looks out of place as much as Lucic does in regards to skating.

Obviously very early in the year but Lucic looks faster than I’ve ever seen him - which isn’t saying much and he still stickhandles like a blind granny trying to swat a mouse with a broom but he does look like he improved his speed and skating this offseason.

Reactions: TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lucic+ for Alzner+ would be a better deal. Oilers need depth on D and Alzner is not that bad in his own end. He just sucks at transition and moving the puck to open forwards cause his vision is poor. Believe it or not, I actually think Lucic waives his NMC to go to Montreal. The real problem here is he needs to be protected in the next expansion draft which is a big deal. He can be bought out but that's easier said than done.

Neither teams fan base would love this deal however. So that's why I added the + to each side.

Lucic and a 2019 2nd for Alzner and Scherbak? I actually think Alzner could be a good fit for the young Bouchard. Just a thought. Habs played Alzner with Juulsen last year towards the end of the season and it has some success.

Alzner sounds like precisely what we need less of.

We’ve got Kris Russell filling that exact role already.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Alzner sounds like precisely what we need less of.

We’ve got Kris Russell filling that exact role already.

Understand. The Habs don't really need Lucic either. Both are not trending well. The idea here is to save cap space for the Oilers and the Habs get a 2nd while we give up Scherbak who has lots of skill but needs a change of teams.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Obviously very early in the year but Lucic looks faster than I’ve ever seen him - which isn’t saying much and he still stickhandles like a blind granny trying to swat a mouse with a broom but he does look like he improved his speed and skating this offseason.

Have not seen any Oilers game yet this year. I am going to Calgary in Nov to see the battle of Alberta and when the Habs also play in the same week. I'll see what he looks like then. Honestly, I am a die hard Habs fan but I do cheer for success for all Canadian teams. I hope Lucic rebounds for you guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->