Bobby Orr speaks about lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Bobby Orr, in an interview which can be found at www.tsn.ca in its entirety, made some interesting comments but I found this one the most interesting:

"At the end of the day these are the two guys who have to make the deal," Orr said. "You can have other people from the league and the Players' Association talking to each other but everything runs through Gary and Bob, so they might as well sit down and get it going. If they don't start talking soon, we lose the season. I know there are lots of owners and lots of players who don't want that to happen so it's up to them to speak up before it's too late. We're running out of time."

I would say there are alot of AGENTS who don't want this to happen either...like Bobby Orr. :)

membleypeg

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Peter said:
Bobby Orr, in an interview which can be found at www.tsn.ca in its entirety, made some interesting comments but I found this one the most interesting:

"At the end of the day these are the two guys who have to make the deal," Orr said. "You can have other people from the league and the Players' Association talking to each other but everything runs through Gary and Bob, so they might as well sit down and get it going. If they don't start talking soon, we lose the season. I know there are lots of owners and lots of players who don't want that to happen so it's up to them to speak up before it's too late. We're running out of time."

I would say there are alot of AGENTS who don't want this to happen either...like Bobby Orr. :)

I would not question Bobby Orr's motivation for expressing this view. This man wrote the book on integrity in every dealing with hockey that he has ever had. Who else would give money back to an employer (after his knee injury forced early retirement), even after previously getting shafted by former agent Allan Eagleson.

If anything, I think that there should be a cry to make Bobby Orr the next commisioner of the NHL. He is extremely knowledgeable about the game, and certainly has the respect of both the owners and players.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
membleypeg said:
I would not question Bobby Orr's motivation for expressing this view. This man wrote the book on integrity in every dealing with hockey that he has ever had. Who else would give money back to an employer (after his knee injury forced early retirement), even after previously getting shafted by former agent Allan Eagleson.

If anything, I think that there should be a cry to make Bobby Orr the next commisioner of the NHL. He is extremely knowledgeable about the game, and certainly has the respect of both the owners and players.
these are indeed sad times my brothers

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
membleypeg said:

I think that Bobby Orr has integrity as well, but this isn't just the guy who got shafted by the Eagle, he's also the guy who elevated the moron to the position where he could shaft a whole lot of people. He got taken pretty serious advantage of, but given that he was suprised to find out he was broke when he retired I'd be a little leery of his credentials to run a major sports league. It's like the Gretzky for commissioner argument; lawyers may not seem like the heroes that our former superstars do. Unfortunately, their backgrounds may fit the job description better than the g.e.d's many of the heroes of the past possess. And no, I'm not calling anyone stupid. It's just that I wouldn't ask Paul Bunyan to be the CEO of a major forestry operation either. Not suprisingly, Orr seems to be a great agent, and a well respected figure once again. I think it would be best left at that. My opinion only. :)

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Bicycle Repairman said:
Bobby Orr is an icon. Why would he want the thankless jobs like those mentioned?

He really wouldn't have a lot to gain. i think the reason you didn't see Bobby in the 80s was he was kinda embarassed about some stuff. Let's let him do his current job and celebrate him as the best defenceman who ever lived, and leave it at that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad