TSN: Bobby Mac's list

Based on Mackenzie's list who should the Habs draft. Picks 15 to 19.

• Total voters

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Who do you guys like projected to go in 2nd round? I like Grewe, Stouba and Knyazev. Robertson may slide into 2nd round. But I don't get a good vide about him. He has all the skill but hasn't put it together yet. Johnson looks like solid 2nd rounder but he may have benefitted from his father's training.

Like to get a Broberg or Harley in first round. An offensive LD, who can benefit greatly at camp once they get to know Weber. I think there is a lot of potential there.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope Broberg is there, I'm glad someone else is going to burn a pick on Newhook.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I can rank them but it depends on how you want them ranked. Highest upside? Likelihood of being a NHL player? Value per projected draft slot? Cause Bjornfot at late first and Thomson at late first is better value than Harley mid first.
Just rank them BPA as long term projections, not very hard to do...

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just rank them BPA as long term projections, not very hard to do...

Bowen Byram
Victor Soderstrom
Ville Heinola
Lassi Thomson
Moritz Seider
Cam York
Philip Broberg
Tobias Bjornfot
Thomas Harley

I'd say that after Thomson, I have major question marks on the following guys that I don't have an answer for, so they could go higher or lower if I had more interview knowledge of the players - but I don't, so I gotta go off what I see.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Who do you guys like projected to go in 2nd round? I like Grewe, Stouba and Knyazev. Robertson may slide into 2nd round. But I don't get a good vide about him. He has all the skill but hasn't put it together yet. Johnson looks like solid 2nd rounder but he may have benefitted from his father's training.

Like to get a Broberg or Harley in first round. An offensive LD, who can benefit greatly at camp once they get to know Weber. I think there is a lot of potential there.
I would trade up for Afanasyev if falling personally, he has things to work on but thats the kind of homerun swing we can afford to take given our depth IMO...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Bowen Byram
Victor Soderstrom
Ville Heinola
Lassi Thomson
Moritz Seider
Cam York
Philip Broberg
Tobias Bjornfot
Thomas Harley

I'd say that after Thomson, I have major question marks on the following guys that I don't have an answer for, so they could go higher or lower if I had more interview knowledge of the players - but I don't, so I gotta go off what I see.
Ok fine, thats how you rank the Ds, I was more looking at a full 1st round list including fowards and goaltenders but thats still a decent start...

As far as the Ds are concerned, I have a clear top 3 with Byram obviously leading the group since not only does he have first pairing upside and is extremmely well rounded, but also has the potential to become a beast to quarterback a PP, something both Seider and Broberg arent on the same level, that being said, I have Seider close enough to him since his physicality and defending skills are also on another level compared to any other Ds in the draft, including Byram... In Seider, I see a top pairing beast that will be a nightmare to face in his own zone while still contributing a huge way offensively as well, just not at the level of a Bowen Byram...

I have Broberg comfortably sitting at 3, one of the youngest defensemen in the draft, tall, strong, clears the front of the net and still plenty of growth ahead, superb skater, good passer, good stickhandler, solid at defending, good IQ, its only a matter of maturing in term of confidence against Pros...

After those 3, there is a signifiant drop IMO, still plenty of good defensemen available, but just not with the same upside... That 2nd tier would start with Bjornfot who Im a big fan of, then I have Harley, Soderstrom and Heinola pretty close and then I have York and Thomson a notch below those guys, so basically, I have it ranked that way...

Byram
Seider
Broberg
-----------
Bjornfot
Harley
Soderstrom
Heinola
-----------
York
Thomson

Reactions: vokiel

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Broberg has too much upside. And I really believe in this development team in working with young d men.

I think he's gone though. Then it's York over Harley for me.

Either way, I'm really excited about the possibility of adding one of Broberg, York, or Harley.
Would still be very happy with a number of guys though. Lots of very good players at that spot.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I see Button has us taking Harley in his mock draft today. Broberg going to Edmonton at 8

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I see Button has us taking Harley in his mock draft today. Broberg going to Edmonton at 8

Button has us passing on Podkolzin to take Harley

Button is just Eklund + a resume, he is a clown in the scouting community.

Theyre all clowns.

KpJEnrX.jpg

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I have changed my mind a little.

If Knight is around at 15 (quite possible) he very well may be the BPA.

Goalies take some time, I don’t think it hurts us if we draft the next franchise goalie soon, by the time he is ready 4-5 years possibly-we could have a good option to play 30-35 games a year on an entry level deal, with a perfect mentor at a time when I doubt Price will be good for 60 games.

I wouldn’t hate it is all I’m saying

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
A complementary player not leading the play in the final games when it got tighter...

We dropped both of our final two games, nobody was particularly strong. Meanwhile he still had a goal and an assist in those two.

Are you the Poulin fan?

Reactions: Acadien86

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
We dropped both of our final two games, nobody was particularly strong. Meanwhile he still had a goal and an assist in those two.

Are you the Poulin fan?
I would be disappointed with Newhook personally, I dont think he belongs among the big names in the draft and he is not leading my 2nd tiers prospects either, I would go with Harley or Bjornfot if no big names drops to us... As for Poulin, I have him late first, not a bad prospect, he is going to be a NHLer, Im just not that high on his upside...

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Keep the pick and draft Broberg. Then go after goal scoring wingers with the 46th and 50th picks. If our team takes a step forward next year, trade our 2020 1st for a player of need who has 2 years in term (like Muzzin for example).
No thanks especially with the draft in Montreal.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I would be disappointed with Newhook personally, I dont think he belongs among the big names in the draft and he is not leading my 2nd tiers prospects either, I would go with Harley or Bjornfot if no big names drops to us... As for Poulin, I have him late first, not a bad prospect, he is going to be a NHLer, Im just not that high on his upside...

never liked Newhook. Tried warming up to him. At least he does seem to be a real gamble on high end talent. But I really don't see it with him.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad