TSN: Bobby Mac's list

Based on Mackenzie's list who should the Habs draft. Picks 15 to 19.

• Total voters

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Knight would be a massive waste of the 15th pick. Goaltending is the lowest need on this team and he won't even be the BPA at 15 so it doesn't make sense from that angle either.

can you guarantee me today that 4 yrs from now

1- carey will still be interested in playing here

2- carey will still be healthy enought to play 55 games per year

3- carey will play as good as hehasbeen for last 10 yrs

if you can't, most probably bcz of his age, then you should start looking to fill that position in 4 yrs.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Someone please fill me in on the Seider hype. From what i've read his offensive upside from the back-end looks pretty limited. Why do some prefer him over the likes of Harley, York, or Heinola?

has obvious upper-end athletic talent with his very good mobility, agility & speed at his size, has good vision and IQ. There's more than enough tools to believe that there's more offense to his game once he gets more ice-time at the pro-level. He's got the same upside as Broberg, but with already a better floor. At worst, he'll be a good transition-first D if he can't find offense in the O-zone. Smart highly athletic talent don't grow on trees.

Reactions: Runner77

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite

if you can't, most probably bcz of his age, then you should start looking to fill that position in 4 yrs.

We have as close to a blue chip G prospect that a team could have with Cayden Primeau. He’s 19 and we’ll probably be a starter some day. So I would pass on the Knight kid.

Reactions: cphabs

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think they should take a goalie in the draft, but later..

Samuel Hlavaj
Taylor Gauthier
Colten Ellis
Hugo Alnefelt

All great options. I like Nolan Maier, too.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

1. Yes he will, can't imagine what it would take for him to want out after all the shit he put up with over the years.

2. Maybe not

3. Maybe not

But I wouldn't say the likelihood of Knight becoming a star #1 goalie are any better than the odds of 2&3 happening. Plus we already have Primeau in the system and we can still draft goalies, just not with our 1st-round pick.

Great goalies are picked in the later rounds all the time. We have 3 4th-rounders this year, we could easily use one of those if management feels like goalie prospects are still a position of need.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's Broberg's biggest weakness?

Hockey IQ is a question mark.

Right now, the majority of his offense vs. his peers, are plays that simply don't work at the NHL level I.E. he rushes end to end and then beats a goalie unscreened from distance. When he played against men and his physical advantage was nullified, he struggled to produce.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

You can’t guarantee that from any player, come on.....

Reactions: Runner77

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Hockey IQ is a question mark.

Right now, the majority of his offense vs. his peers, are plays that simply don't work at the NHL level I.E. he rushes end to end and then beats a goalie unscreened from distance. When he played against men and his physical advantage was nullified, he struggled to produce.
If that's the case I would definitely pass on Broberg. Especially for a defenceman, I think Hockey IQ is the most important trait. Don't want another Beaulieu.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
On defense
if I made the selection.

Harley
Heinola
Broberg
York

I like Harley. Monster of a shot, skates well and late birthday

I don't want Seider (RD) and I don't think York has that much upside.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The thing about Seider (and to a degree, Broberg) is that this organization would develop both into bottom pairing defense-only guys.
Laughable statement...

Knight is so overrated.
Well well, another one...

Someone please fill me in on the Seider hype. From what i've read his offensive upside from the back-end looks pretty limited. Why do some prefer him over the likes of Harley, York, or Heinola?
Its not limited, thats only a bit raw, he is a beautiful skater, stickhandler, passer and men crusher, he only need to learn a bit from better players, in a more talended league... Insane IQ and upside... Im a big Broberg fan, but Seider can become something even more special...

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
I'm pretty split between Seider and Heinola, but I hope we get one of them. Who cares if Seider is a RHD? Despite Chevy's evidently horrific negotiating skills, RHDs are still incredibly valuable.

Reactions: a55p2

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
has obvious upper-end athletic talent with his very good mobility, agility & speed at his size, has good vision and IQ. There's more than enough tools to believe that there's more offense to his game once he gets more ice-time at the pro-level. He's got the same upside as Broberg, but with already a better floor. At worst, he'll be a good transition-first D if he can't find offense in the O-zone. Smart highly athletic talent don't grow on trees.

Laughable statement...

Well well, another one...

Its not limited, thats only a bit raw, he is a beautiful skater, stickhandler, passer and men crusher, he only need to learn a bit from better players, in a more talended league... Insane IQ and upside... Im a big Broberg fan, but Seider can become something even more special...

That's some high praise. I'm not well informed on the 2019 draft class, as I've taken somewhat of a hiatus from hockey and these boards since the Habs' last game.

How is his shot?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I'm pretty split between Seider and Heinola, but I hope we get one of them. Who cares if Seider is a RHD? Despite Chevy's evidently horrific negotiating skills, RHDs are still incredibly valuable.

I feel the same way, a toss between those two. Seider is most probably the best of the bunch, but we don't need rhd as much.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Why only LHD ? I think we still need a sharpshooter winger IMO, if Caufield is available he is the BPA.
We will need a good winger in the next couple season. Those prospect will probably not be NHL ready by then. No one knows what the team needs will be in 4-5 years. MTL has to select the BPA, and it happens to be that most of the candidates that might be elligible at 15 are D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad