TSN: Bobby Mac's list

Based on Mackenzie's list who should the Habs draft. Picks 15 to 19.

• Total voters

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
I heard Harley is top 3 skating wise in this draft. Can anybody compare Broberg vs. Harley? As I thought Broberg was pretty fast as well. (I mean, surprising since they are both 6'3, usually at that height they aren't all that fast.)

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Seider or Heinola. Maybe Broberg if he can get a brain transplant and a double hand transplant. New eyes wouldn't hurt either.

Reactions: habsfan891

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1aoKwpz.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The thing about Seider (and to a degree, Broberg) is that this organization would develop both into bottom pairing defense-only guys.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Draft Knight, then have a firesale during the season, when they are not performing, make teams pay to replace an injuried player or fill a whole for the final stretch and the playoffs and next. Finally, next year draft your number one defenseman 2nd OV. That's what I would do.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I want to take a winger in that slot. We have enough centres unless there's a can't miss one available, the wingers around that area have more difference maker potential imho.

Reactions: Mandala and SOLR

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The thing about Seider (and to a degree, Broberg) is that this organization would develop both into bottom pairing defense-only guys.
I don't think 1 season is enough to judge that. Given that Bouchard & Co. aren't the ones behind the team's earlier failures.

I want to take a winger in that slot. We have enough centres unless there's a can't miss one available, the wingers around that area have more difference maker potential imho.
We have plenty of wingers as well, we're hurting on the LD front and that is for several years to come if we don't get some quality prospects.

Reactions: The90Tomas

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Draft Knight, then have a firesale during the season, when they are not performing, make teams pay to replace an injuried player or fill a whole for the final stretch and the playoffs and next. Finally, next year draft your number one defenseman 2nd OV. That's what I would do.

Fair enough...don't think we have the balls to do that.

Reactions: FF de Mars

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't think 1 season is enough to judge that. Given that Bouchard & Co. aren't the ones behind the team's earlier failures..

We do have 2 good LDs that are upcoming. The problem isn't the prospects, it's the top end of the LD so that we don't have to play Mete with Weber.

X - Weber
Mete-Petry

Would be a lot better for us.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We do have 2 good LDs that are upcoming. The problem isn't the prospects, it's the top end of the LD so that we don't have to play Mete with Weber.

X - Weber
Mete-Petry

Would be a lot better for us.
They sacrificed Sergachev, he was my choice to be there. For this 15th, I think they patch the hole they opened with Broberg, Harley or York. Whoever they feel is best at moving the puck and I'm fine with the choice.

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
They sacrificed Sergachev, he was my choice to be there. For this 15th, I think they patch the hole they opened with Broberg, Harley or York. Whoever they feel is best at moving the puck and I'm fine with the choice.

But none of these guys will be ready for 2-3 years. This is why I don't think LD is a first round target for us (there will be some good Ds in the 2nd round). We need better wingers in the first.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
But none of these guys will be ready for 2-3 years. This is why I don't think LD is a first round target for us (there will be some good Ds in the 2nd round). We need better wingers in the first.
2-3 years is good if you sign say Edler (or some older ufa) for a short-med term contract. We need a vet on the left that is for sure, but you don't get a top LD < 25 years old for peanuts, so that's a more reasonable alternative.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
2-3 years is good if you sign say Edler (or some older ufa) for a short-med term contract. We need a vet on the left that is for sure, but you don't get a top LD < 25 years old for peanuts, so that's a more reasonable alternative.

Might as well draft the BPA then. Drafting for needs seems like a bad idea at #15.

Reactions: sheed36

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
If Spencer Knight is available at 15 and habs don't pick him, fire this MGMT

Any player you pick at 15 won't play before 2 full seasons. Might as well pick the best and Knight is the best. This whole "you don't need great goalies to win" thing is nonsense. Go ask st-louis and Philly. Knight is the best goalie prospect since samsonov. I don't know much about primeau, but he could be a backup,a good starter Noor bust. No one today can guarantee anything

If Knight is not there to for York or Harley

Reactions: SOLR

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If Spencer Knight is available at 15 and habs don't pick him, fire this MGMT

Any player you pick at 15 won't play before 2 full seasons. Might as well pick the best and Knight is the best. This whole "you don't need great goalies to win" thing is nonsense. Go ask st-louis and Philly. Knight is the best goalie prospect since samsonov. I don't know much about primeau, but he could be a backup,a good starter Noor bust. No one today can guarantee anything

If Knight is not there to for York or Harley

Knight would be a massive waste of the 15th pick. Goaltending is the lowest need on this team and he won't even be the BPA at 15 so it doesn't make sense from that angle either.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Knight would be a massive waste of the 15th pick. Goaltending is the lowest need on this team and he won't even be the BPA at 15 so it doesn't make sense from that angle either.

We need Knight to fall to any pick before 15th. Only way to improve our lot without paying to move up.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Someone please fill me in on the Seider hype. From what i've read his offensive upside from the back-end looks pretty limited. Why do some prefer him over the likes of Harley, York, or Heinola?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad