Bobby Goepfort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
How do you get fired from college? His was kicked off the hockey team and decided to transfer.

Bobby says it was a slip of mind that he forgot to put a work cited page on a report he did. I don't know if he's telling the truth or not, but I've had the same thing happen to me before so I can believe it. Nothing worse than spending days working on a project and then getting a 0 because you forget to cite your work...and then getting kicked off the hockey team and being forced to transfer and waste a year doing nothing...

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Evilo said:
He was fired from Providance because he cheated at an exam.
Not true. He wasn't 'fired'. You don't get fired from college, he wasn't even expelled.

He was suspected of plagiarism after he "forgot" to turn in a bibliography with an English paper. The English Dean passed it on to the Providence hockey coach who took him off the team. Goepfert is the one who made the decision to leave Providence and transfer to St. Cloud State.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
clefty said:
Not true. He wasn't 'fired'. You don't get fired from college, he wasn't even expelled.

He was suspected of plagiarism after he "forgot" to turn in a bibliography with an English paper. The English Dean passed it on to the Providence hockey coach who took him off the team. Goepfert is the one who made the decision to leave Providence and transfer to St. Cloud State.

i'd do the same thing, but i'd walk away with my finger in the air...thats BS.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
If he was cheating, I hope he learned a lesson. If not, then I hope he finds a coach that has more faith in him. I don't know him personally. I know one of the assistant coaches that worked with them last year and he only had good things to say about him. Still, good kids do stupid things sometimes. I hope he gets back to his studies and on the ice.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think it had more to do with him simply being a bad student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad