Confirmed with Link: Bob Nicholson Named Vice Chairman Of Newly Formed Oilers Entertainment Group

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
SMwRPSS.png

Reactions: Consultant and Mez

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
As much as I’m excited to see Chiarelli get canned, I can’t wait for this loser to go. The worst part is he probably escapes the indignity of getting fir d by “having to resign” to take the IIHF presidency (LOL).

Reactions: Del Preston

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
As much as I’m excited to see Chiarelli get canned, I can’t wait for this loser to go. The worst part is he probably escapes the indignity of getting fir d by “having to resign” to take the IIHF presidency (LOL).

Katz is an idiot who chases the glitz over ability.

We should have found our own Kyle dubas 4 years ago. The leaf equivalent of chairelli and Nicholson would have been something like sittler and Don cherry.

You'd get excited for a day and it would end awfully.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It looks like the "audit" failed miserably. Just a sexy term to get everyone's hopes up and make it seem like he was actually doing something. Fire this idiot

Reactions: Consultant

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Every single person, including Wayne Gretzky, that is involved in hockey operations needs to be fired from this team. Every. Single. Person.

This management group is the worst collective management group in NHL history, and is in the running for the worst group in north american pro sports history as well. 15 years of failure. FIFTEEN YEARS. Not just "barely missing out on success" failure either. Disastrous failure, where you are in the bottom quintile of the league in pretty much every season. It would be hard to be this bad on purpose in some respects.

They all need to be fired. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He was brought in to set up the off ice organization and running of the new building.

Again I think some on this board have a narrow understanding of his job and have tunnel vision right now

Even if what you say is the case, what good has he done well with regards to that? He brought in the World Juniors? Oh boy! It would have happened almost automatically with the new arena. As @Drivesaitl and others have mentioned, he's lost out on easy revenue such as the CFR and other major bookings. Even if we can shuffle aside the fact that he likely had a lot to do with Chiarelli being hired (if he didn't, who did?), he hasn't done much good otherwise.

And if all of what you say is true, why would he bother to say that he was doing an "audit" of the organization? Does he think we care about the "off ice organization" and "running of the building"? Those statements were made in relation to an abomination of a year under MacTavish & Co. If he had nothing to do with the hockey ops staff hirings he should have kept his mouth shut. Lord knows I would have.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He was brought in to set up the off ice organization and running of the new building.

Again I think some on this board have a narrow understanding of his job and have tunnel vision right now

You do realize that Nicholson also has a direct impact on Hockey Ops as well. He hired the president of hockey operations and he is the man Chiarelli reports to.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
People ask why Darryl Katz lets this go on and on. And how come he runs his other businesses so well, etc, but this one flounders, at least in the product. The fact is, he runs those businesses to make money, and he does that very well. And he runs to the Oilers to make money. And he does that very well. Plus, on a side note, it fulfills his man fantasy of hanging out with his past heros as he puts them on his payroll. Sure, he would love it if the on ice product improved. But the #1 goal is make cash, and that has turned out better than even he could have thought.

NegativeNelly

Jun 23, 2016
Edmonton
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if Nicholson is gone or Chia is gone, the orders still come from the OBC. Until the OBC is COMPLETELY gone from this ORG, the stink will continue.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Nicholson said he would conduct an audit of the organization when he was hired and that fans deserve better. How is that not related to the on ice product?

Reactions: Consultant

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if Nicholson is gone or Chia is gone, the orders still come from the OBC. Until the OBC is COMPLETELY gone from this ORG, the stink will continue.

100% agree. Gretzky, Lowe, MacT, Coffey, Messier, and any others that I have missed, all need to be fired yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad