NBA Bob Myers stepping down as Warriors President

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
He leaves behind a giant mess with the Warriors' cap situation and new luxury tax rules. I don't envy whatever GM has to step in and figure out what to do with Draymond, Poole, Wiggins, etc.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He feels the bottom’s about to fall out.

For the success they’ve had, the mess is worth it.

4 Championships, 4 future hall of famers, years of success, etc.
Was it worth it to Warriors fans? Yes, they probably won't achieve this again down the road but it was worth it. That trio has about 1 more run in them, we shall see.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
4 Championships, 4 future hall of famers, years of success, etc.
Was it worth it to Warriors fans? Yes, they probably won't achieve this again down the road but it was worth it. That trio has about 1 more run in them, we shall see.
I mean I feel like this is usually what happens when someone in sports decides make an ‘unexplained’ exit. They jump ship before it goes down.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Smart of him to get out before s**t hits the fan in GS even if Curry is still playing at an MVP level. Klay is very clearly cooked and Draymond's next contract will be uuuuuuuuugly. Wiggins also seems to have off-court issues and who knows wtf is wrong with Jordan Poole.

Imagine GS took Lamelo Ball instead of James Wiseman in 2020. Things wouldn't look as bleak.

Probably also smart of him to leave after the owner has publicly stated he can't keep dipping into the luxury tax year after year like he has been.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Aside from reasons mentioned hes probably just burnt out. With. he reputation hes earned he can work like anywhere he wants to now.

Some have speculated he could wait a year and try and get a Pat Riley esque deal that comes with an ownership share. I'm sure some teams will gladly offer that.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he'll either take the clippers GM job or sit out a year or two before taking another job

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Jesus

Windhorst looked at their books
with draymond on the books they have a $515 million payroll including luxury tax next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad