Bob McKenzie's Top 30 Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
They better televise the draft this year. I dont care if all the prospects are gonna be there or not. They just better have the teams tables set up so we can see one GM on the phone with another or another GM at another teams table so that we can speculate on possible trades. Thats half the fun right there and gets you in the mood for training camp and the season opener.

If those nimrods at the NHL headoffice cheat me out of the draft I am gonna be seriously pissed off.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I expect that regardless of how the process ends up, there will be some component of television coverage. The main focus of the league going forward needs to be marketing the league and selling the game. The league would be stupid not to make a very big deal about the selection of Sidney Crosby. Regardless of if they believe it or not, they desperately need to sell him as the face of the "new NHL."

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
NYR469 said:
on why anyone would tell him the rankings...2 things to keep in mind.

2)there is a trust/respect factor involved that assumes that mckenzie won't turn around and show the list to anyone.

You are bang on with that comment. Without trying to sound like a broken record, I recently interviewed members of different NHL organizations for a story. I met one team official at a Memorial Cup game. Asked him about an interview and he gave me his email addy and we hooked it up. We had a good conversation and he told me some interesting stuff but nothing that put him out on a limb. Other people I interviewed were friends of a friend. They basically said, "If he (who shall remain nameless) sent you to me, that's good enough for me. What would you like to know?" And I was surprised by how candid they were and how much they trusted some voice on the other end of a phone who they had never met or spoken to before - but that's because they had a relationship with my friend. Now multiply that sort of sentiment by 1000% when you're talking about a respected guy like McEnzie who has probably known his sources for years and it's no wonder they're open with him regarding info.

CH Wizard

To be honest, Pouliot seems to be more and more the ''the high risk/high reward'' type of pick.His offensive upside is huge but I think, he has still a long ways to go.He has been consistent but still......

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
"Far and away"? Quit drinking the kool-aid. Pouliot's a nice player with upside, but he's not light years ahead of the other top forwards in this draft (after Crosby).

By no means is he any guarantee to be better but his potential is above pretty much every player after Crosby. He is also much more likely to bust then the other top guys.

But Brule, Johnson and Ryan are way bigger guarantees. Pouliot could easily bust. Its just that his potential is much higher. But that is my opinion take it for what its worth.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
turnbuckle said:
I never said Brule is like Falloon, I only said that scouts are weary about taking a similar prospect so high in the draft because, like Falloon, Brule isn't overly large, and like Falloon, Brule had a high scoring draft year (like Falloon did) that doesn't necessarily translate into NHL success. The recent failure of Weiss to so far live up to his hype is a recent reminder that taking an undersized forward so high in the draft can be a risk.

As for Falloon's off-ice problems, I am not privy to his entire personal background; apparently you are, and you're also so up on Brule's background that you can accurately predict that he will never have personal problems at the NHL level. I'm not that talented, nor presumptuous.

If I thought Brule was going to turn into an exact replica of Falloon, I can assure you that I wouldn't still think he was worthy of a top-seven selection.

lol, I'm still sticking with my Lundmark-Brule comparison.

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad