Bob McKenzie's Top 10 (Scout Survey)

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
He would have went first overall.

He was always a clear #1, Hedman and Duchene never really had a chance.
Well, that certainly wasn't what anyone said before draft day.

Also, even a full year before the 2009 draft a lot of people had Hedman as the #1 prospect.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Courturier has been touted as the top pic for so long, its no wonder hes falling. Everyone has been watching him for the last 2 years and some flaws become noticeable.

If he falls to 6 I'll be shocked, especially with the news that he has had mono this season

I think the reason he falls is because people envision a 65-70 point second line center and want a lil' more pazazz with a top pick

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Well, that certainly wasn't what anyone said before draft day.

Also, even a full year before the 2009 draft a lot of people had Hedman as the #1 prospect.

It's certainly what would have happened. Make no mistake, Tavares was going first overall guarenteed. I don't have any problem saying that I'm 110% sure.

zeus3007*

I think the reason he falls is because people envision a 65-70 point second line center and want a lil' more pazazz with a top pick

Exactly. Picture a bigger Stephen Weiss. That's what it looks like Coutourier will be. Solid pick, but never a game breaker.

zeus3007*

It's certainly what would have happened. Make no mistake, Tavares was going first overall guarenteed. I don't have any problem saying that I'm 110% sure.

Yeah, it was all media ploying that got Hedman and Duchene in the discussion.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Yeah, it was all media ploying that got Hedman and Duchene in the discussion.

It was always media hyping it that they were in the discussion for 1st overall. Tavares is probably the second highest hyped 1st overall pick last decade, maybe 3rd depending on how you much you think Ovechkin was hyped. I'd do it as

1. Crosby.
2a. Ovechkin
2b. Tavares

buffaloburger

Jan 7, 2011
I'm pretty confident Oil takes RNH. Great vision, and playmaker. Once he fills out, he is gonna offer more while protecting the puck even better. I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I think he is the real deal.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
Why is everyone so high on Zibanejad? I obviously haven't seen him play and only thing I know about him is his stats that are good but not any better than Armia's. I would like someone to tell me if Zibanejad is considered somewhat of a 2-way player or something.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Why is everyone so high on Zibanejad? I obviously haven't seen him play and only thing I know about him is his stats that are good but not any better than Armia's. I would like someone to tell me if Zibanejad is considered somewhat of a 2-way player or something.

Bingo.

Physically imposing in a mens league in his draft year. His scoring isn't what people really like, although along with it, is probably why he's getting serious top 10 consideration.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Zibanejad only got the chance after about last 1/3 of the season, and he took it. That's why he's a big riser. His dominant play late in the season stands out more than his production. We'll see how things look in the J18 Worlds, his last chance to make an impression. Scoreless in the first game, 3+3 today, important games to follow.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Exactly. Picture a bigger Stephen Weiss. That's what it looks like Coutourier will be. Solid pick, but never a game breaker.
6`4 center who protects the puck ala Jagr, has amazing hands and is a smart playmaker who can finish yet you feel he will only be a bigger version of Weiss?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I'm pretty confident Oil takes RNH. Great vision, and playmaker. Once he fills out, he is gonna offer more while protecting the puck even better. I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I think he is the real deal.

Gagner - good vision , decent playmaker
Hemsky - good vision, decent playmaker
even Omark - good vision, decent playmaker
RNH - good vision , decent playmaker

None of the above have size and grit and none can win a crucial faceoff.

but if RNH is the BPA then EDM takes him.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
6`4 center who protects the puck ala Jagr, has amazing hands and is a smart playmaker who can finish yet you feel he will only be a bigger version of Weiss?

I see ZERO comparisons between Couturier and Jagr. Lots of guys can protect the puck like No. 68. What do they do afterwards? It does this kid a huge disservice to even mention Jagr here.

From what I've seen, he's far more Weiss and none of Jagr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->