Bob McKenzie's Team Canada World Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Egil said:
Deslauriers looked attrocious in the second intrasquad game, showing absolutely NO rebound control, and was lucky he didn't get lit up.

Ah yes, it's much better to look good while you're fishing the puck out of the net for the faceoff at centre ice, than to look odd while stopping everything. :dunno:

This is the same stuff they used to throw at Hasek in Chicago. "He'll never be a #1. He's got no style. Always flopping. Looks weird. Trade him." (not saying Deslauriers is a future Hasek)

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
PecaFan said:
Ah yes, it's much better to look good while you're fishing the puck out of the net for the faceoff at centre ice, than to look odd while stopping everything. :dunno:

This is the same stuff they used to throw at Hasek in Chicago. "He'll never be a #1. He's got no style. Always flopping. Looks weird. Trade him." (not saying Deslauriers is a future Hasek)

He a) wasn't stopping everything (he let in 3 goals I believe), and was giving the other team "bonus" chances due to the lack of rebound control. He looked fine making the saves, and he wasn't flopping. But he was giving up a JUICY rebound after almost EVERY shot. Something that Hasek DOESN'T do. He looks ackward, but most of his rebounds go to the sides, or stay within a foot of his pads, where it is virtually impossible for the opposition to lift the puck over the pad and into the net. The rebounds to the 5-10 ft area directly in front of the net are BAD, no matter what way you slice it.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Egil said:
He a) wasn't stopping everything (he let in 3 goals I believe), and was giving the other team "bonus" chances due to the lack of rebound control. He looked fine making the saves, and he wasn't flopping. But he was giving up a JUICY rebound after almost EVERY shot. Something that Hasek DOESN'T do. He looks ackward, but most of his rebounds go to the sides, or stay within a foot of his pads, where it is virtually impossible for the opposition to lift the puck over the pad and into the net. The rebounds to the 5-10 ft area directly in front of the net are BAD, no matter what way you slice it.

Three goals? Everything I've read says he allowed one goal on 31 shots in game 1, and zero on 7 shots in game 2. Which is fantastic, no matter how you cut it.

As for the rebounds, that's the Allaire system evidently. Put the rebound in the slot because that's where your defencemen are. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but he's just doing what he's been taught most likely.

Randall Graves*

Kinda disappointed Perry got left off although his skill set isn't great for international play,i'm anxious to see Crosby in the tournament as I have not seen him yet. no real surprises here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->