Speculation: Bob McKenzie's Bobcast: Drouin for Shatterkirk trade

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
I so so so so so don't want to trade Drouin.

I’m so, so, so, with you on this. We are not going to draft high enough for a long time (hopefully) to get a guy with his skills. The last 30 games or so the D looked good – as good as the Pens D without Letang. Just move Garrison, bring up Koekkoek, get Vegas to take Killorn, re-sign everyone, and, if you have to, then move Johnson for a very good but not great Dman.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I just personally think that if TB trades Drouin, they will be absolutely kicking themselves in 5 years when he's a top 10 player in the league.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm glad Shattenkirk nixed the trade. Holy crap he's not lived up to his end of the bargain at all in DC. Please Yzerman... don't double down on this guy as a UFA

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We wouldn't have money to do it, anyway.

hey bro how you doin?

good to see you and all:)

i thought sustr had more time any chance he gets another contract?

i was thinking would be target him or coburn for las vegas but if he isnt signed would guess maybe the take coburn?

am sure others will disagree just vladdy doesnt fit style of play the coach management like for centers etc.. so dont see him high on their list if hes out there

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Certainly does feel like we're heading for a divorce with Drouin, doesn't it? Damn shame.

Maybe if there was a credible source that actually makes sense.

Lots of these Drouin trade rumors have stupid reasoning.

Drouin for Buffalo's 8th pick in this draft? :laugh:

"Tampa can't afford to sign all of their RFA's but we should be trading Drouin for a solid top-4 defenseman" Because those come cheap :laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean, I still haven't heard anything beyond McKenzie's "feeling".

This, everyone has a price, Drouin can be moved for a deal that makes sense but so far all of these rumors are beyond stupid.

Seriously, we should trade Drouin for a high pick because we don't have enough cap? :laugh: "Sorry Johnny we just need the capspace."

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I mean, I still haven't heard anything beyond McKenzie's "feeling".

I mean, it's a little more then that. McKenzie knows they had a trade lined up for him already, it got nixed. Larry Brooks (yeah, I know) also reporting he's hearing Drouin being shopped.

I agree with everyone that it would be a mistake to trade Drouin. Big one.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
This, everyone has a price, Drouin can be moved for a deal that makes sense but so far all of these rumors are beyond stupid.

Seriously, we should trade Drouin for a high pick because we don't have enough cap? :laugh: "Sorry Johnny we just need the capspace."

A lot of people just post for a good hose over there.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I mean, it's a little more then that. McKenzie knows they had a trade lined up for him already, it got nixed. Larry Brooks (yeah, I know) also reporting he's hearing Drouin being shopped.

I agree with everyone that it would be a mistake to trade Drouin. Big one.

Didn't McKenzie say that he speculated that it was Drouin not that he knew it was Drouin?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Didn't McKenzie say that he speculated that it was Drouin not that he knew it was Drouin?
No, he said the deal was Drouin for Shattenkirk. He's just speculating about anything after it was nixed.
During the time the rumor came out, the rumor was Johnson. There are a lot of holes in this story.
That's what I remember reading, I was surprised when Bob said it was Drouin. Can't remember the source that started it, but it wasn't McKenzie.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not that it means anything but they are using this rumor on the trade boards to gauge the value of Drouin.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Shattenkirk has **** all over himself...what's he a minus 7 and stinks out loud in these playoffs.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Shattenkirk has **** all over himself...what's he a minus 7 and stinks out loud in these playoffs.

TBF, I think Shattenkirk would do better in a different type of system, but he really hasn't been playing well. Definitely hurting his value.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not that it means anything but they are using this rumor on the trade boards to gauge the value of Drouin.

knowing yzerman he is not moving drouin a what 21 year old future allstar unless he gets a great defenseman a really good one! that he can't pass up.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Nobody knows what yzerman truly offered

Bob McKenzie wouldn't say it if he wasn't 100% sure. He stone-cold said it was Drouin. It wasn't him speculating.

He's not making it up just to create a **** storm.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bob McKenzie wouldn't say it if he wasn't 100% sure. He stone-cold said it was Drouin. It wasn't him speculating.

He's not making it up just to create a **** storm.

I am still curious if Drouin still wants out of Tampa. He did rescind his request publicly but it could still be on the table behind closed doors.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
hey bro how you doin?

good to see you and all:)

i thought sustr had more time any chance he gets another contract?

i was thinking would be target him or coburn for las vegas but if he isnt signed would guess maybe the take coburn?

am sure others will disagree just vladdy doesnt fit style of play the coach management like for centers etc.. so dont see him high on their list if hes out there

Hey big guy good to see you kicking! Hows poker?

I'm curious about Coburn, while he isn't the sexiest option, hes still a good veteran and has a little left in the tank, especially when he'd play in the slightly slower but slightly bigger west. I don't know about his NTC/NMC though...

Sustr, hard to say, i'd prefer him gone. I'll be very curious if they start looking at Koekkoek taking his spot, but who knows. I do know that management is still pretty high on Vladdy though, while the coaches seem less so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->