TSN: Bob McKenzie Retires

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
DD1jEwWXYAANwE0.jpg

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Thank You Bobfather!

Glad to see that he will be around for the draft, Wold Juniors and the trade deadline

Wishing him all the best.

why? man he is good at his position

I hope he sticks around for drafts and trade rumors

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Good for him and all, but you'd think he'd see out the rest of the playoffs and finish up with the Stanley cup finals.

Reactions: BAD BOY

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Like Santa Claus skipping Christmas

Don’t do it

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Thank You Bobfather!

Glad to see that he will be around for the draft, Wold Juniors and the trade deadline

Wishing him all the best.

I had the pleasure of working with Bob at the TSN broadcast of the Humboldt Broncos game 2 years ago. The man is an absolute pro. We had a funny set in the end of the rink and after the period was over, the back half of the set was lifted and the gates opened, and then the set was dropped. Bob was on top of when this thing need to move always telling duthie to move his chair up.

The other thing I remember was the last thing he said on the broadcast. I'm paraphrasing here, but it was "when this game is over and everyone has a sense of moving on, for the families of the 29 people involved in the crash and especially those who lost family members, they'll wake up tomorrow the same as today without someone in their life". That has always stuck with me and maybe always will.

Thanks for your work, your dedication and your love of Hockey and the Tragically Hip.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I can’t think of anything negative to say about McKenzie.

Conveyed consistently accurate inside information and analysis and did it in a way that did not feel rushed or existing to simply get clicks. Took his job very seriously and did it thoroughly.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad