Bob Mckenzie Final Rankings

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The list just goes to show how complicated the picks are. This is 10 scouts from pro teams. Not 10 team lists. Guys that are paid to do this for a living can't even come up with an straight forward top 5.

Yet on these boards people lose their minds when someone has someone a spot or two higher.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
If the Habs take Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi I am going to be beyond pissed. This is a team that has many needs, but take the guy who has first line goalscorer potential...not a guy who will at best maybe pan out as a midlevel second line center, or a left winger who rarely scores.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If the Habs take Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi I am going to be beyond pissed. This is a team that has many needs, but take the guy who has first line goalscorer potential...not a guy who will at best maybe pan out as a midlevel second line center, or a left winger who rarely scores.

montreal is in a really bad spot. its a 2 person draft. They would be in the same bad spot in 2017, and in 2016.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
No kidding, as terrible the habs are at center....priorities change year to year. Talent does not. BPA, every single time. But don't expect any sound reasoning to come from that circus franchise.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Why does this evaluation you pulled out of nowhere trump the professional scouts opinions?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I forsee this draft having a ton of steals and a ton of busts. The swings in value and potential have been incredible.

Agreed, other than the top two the top 10 has completely changed. Boqvist was a top 3 pick around the start of the season. Kotkaniemi was barely in the top 20. Dobson seems to have risen to the top of defenders not named Dahlin. Zadina seems to be slipping with some scouts. Kravstov is coming out of nowhere.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
To no one’s surprise, Dahlin sits atop TSN’s Final Draft Rankings, a unanimous choice as he has been all season long. Ten of 10 NHL scouts surveyed by TSN have the 6-foot-3, 185-pound blueliner in a class all by himself.

We can expect the Dahlin hype train to hit top speed this week as he sets out on a career that will determine where he fits in the pantheon of modern-day elite Swedish defencemen.

He’s not quite as tall as Tampa’s Victor Hedman but does a lot of the same things on both sides of the puck as the Norris Trophy candidate. He’s far bigger than Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson but flashes the same dynamic skill and breathtaking offence. He has a long, long way to go to earn favourable comparisons to arguably the greatest Swedish defenceman ever - Nicklas Lidstrom - but Dahlin already demonstrates much of the same ease and three-zone impact as the Hall of Famer.

Dahlin is just commencing his journey to forge his own identity, and there’s no telling for sure what he will make of it, but this is indisputable — at the same age, entering the draft, none of Lidstrom, Hedman or Karlsson was comparable to where Dahlin’s game is at.

I cannot believe this player will be wearing a Sabres jersey on Friday.

Reactions: TychoFan

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
we all know Bobby Mac polls 10 scouts on this list, but from all accounts, these 10 scouts really haven't spent a ton of time at the USNDP this year. Most every single player from the USNDP is ranked lower than most other services and "experts". Wahlstrom at #9 is a few spots lower than the others, same with Wilde, Miller, Farabee, and on down to Wise at 52 which is insane. I am not sure where these 10 scouts camp out at, but it is obvious to see they are a bit low on the USNDP. I am not saying they are far off, just all are a bit down which is odd to me...the only real riser is O'Brien who has been rising on every list from US kids, and Jordan Harris as well, both prep players...

His quote with Wilde on 4 scouts have him inside the top 20 and 4 have him between 40-50 is funny how scouting works, but also why I question where some of these scouts are fully watching...

Reactions: Dr Quincy

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
we all know Bobby Mac polls 10 scouts on this list, but from all accounts, these 10 scouts really haven't spent a ton of time at the USNDP this year. Most every single player from the USNDP is ranked lower than most other services and "experts". Wahlstrom at #9 is a few spots lower than the others, same with Wilde, Miller, Farabee, and on down to Wise at 52 which is insane. I am not sure where these 10 scouts camp out at, but it is obvious to see they are a bit low on the USNDP. I am not saying they are far off, just all are a bit down which is odd to me...the only real riser is O'Brien who has been rising on every list from US kids, and Jordan Harris as well, both prep players...

I

O'Brien for life.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario

His quote with Wilde on 4 scouts have him inside the top 20 and 4 have him between 40-50 is funny how scouting works, but also why I question where some of these scouts are fully watching...
I think you're just a bit biased towards the Americans. ;)

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
that is where i disagree. at 3 Kotkaniemi is a reach, and under the microscope. at 7 he is bpa and held to a differentt standard.
No guarantee he's there at 7 if he's the guy, he just was 5th on McKenzies rankings. Picking higher is never bad lol

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm hoping the Penguins can pull off Durzi at pick #54 and Gustafsson at pick #64. From reading up on Gustafsson, I'm surprised he's ranked as low as he is in the TSN ratings. He seems like he could be NHL ready very quickly, and while he may not have huge upside, he still likely has middle-6 center upside. He has a similar stat line to Lundestrom, but he's projected to go 21st and Gustafsson is projected to go 64th.

Gustafssons skating is pretty rough.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
No guarantee he's there at 7 if he's the guy, he just was 5th on McKenzies rankings. Picking higher is never bad lol

think about last years draft. The pressure was on the Devils. The flyers had the easy pick, just pick whomever the devils did not draft. If in 20 years patrick busts no one can blame them because he was the clear consensus top 2 guy. But if in 20 years Nico busts , it will have a bigger impact.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
that is where i disagree. at 3 Kotkaniemi is a reach, and under the microscope. at 7 he is bpa and held to a differentt standard.

In 2011 Mark Scheifele was ranked 12th and Winnipeg decide to take him at 7th. It was a rech at that time, do you consider this a mistake?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->