Bob McKenzie final rankings are on TSN.ca

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Jonas Brodin, what kind of defenseman is he? I am very surprised to see him at no.10.

Smooth-skating, smart, sound decision-maker. Think Ryan Suter or something along those lines, if we want to take another route than the never-ending comparisons of Swedish D to Lidstrom.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This draft sounds like such a crapshoot after 9 and again after 15-20. Zero consensus.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
After watching Brodin and Scheifele at the U18's, I'm not surprised they are both in the top 12. It wouldn't have surprised me if Miller was there as well.

How long will it be before someone comes in and says the draft is wide open and that the top 8 or so players are all seen as equal.

RNH has clearly separated himself from the pack this year.

It's funny, the one stat Duthie gave was since Bob has done his top 60 end list, he's been 7 for 7 when picking the 1st overall pick. There are simply rarely ever surprise picks with the top selection in any draft and history isn't on the side of those saying there will be one this year.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Lol the mock I just posted in the contest thread looks nothing like this

Note that this isn't a mock, just a player ranking. Big difference.

He also said the top 9 are almost a lock to go top 9. Makes me sad as an Avalanche fan but there are still good players available.

There is always going to be surprises. Someone could slide and the Avs may not have the same top 9 as other teams. Who knows.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Reading these things are great. Always fun to compare how I view the players with how the scouting community does.

It's interesting how the write-up for Daniel Catenacci is pretty much exactly how I would describe his strengths and weaknesses, yet their evaluation of Lucas Lessio is entirely different than what I saw.

I also don't think they hyped Matt Puempel's actual goal scoring ability, but maybe I'm just really high on the kid from the games I saw.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
It's not a 9 player draft, there is a consenus top 9 (who are likely to be the first 9 picked) then after that teams rankings flucuate and vary greatly..

4thliner*

Enjoyed a CHL-best 79-point improvement in his second season, finishing third in the OHL with 106 points. OHL Player of the Month for January. Strengths - Quick, elusive skater with top-notch agility and playmaking skills. Crafty, adept at finding time and space, soft hands, quick release, skilled in tight quarters. Worked hard in offseason to improve fitness, clutch scorer. Solid anticipation and smarts at both ends of the rink. Weaknesses - Not a physically intimidating player who will punish opponents, still needs to add some strength. Can be a little lackadaisical at times. Work ethic could improve. NHL Upside - Top-line offensive center with point-per game potential.

Who is this dude again, cuz I want him on my team :naughty:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Well if he knows what all teams are thinking, why only poll 10 scouts for this little exercise?

Well it's a lot easier to know that every team has the same top 9 (scouts talk to eachother even from diffrent teams, so they'd likely know that), than to get 10 scouts to give you their lists and reasons why. He's also got other contacts that could tell him that.

I'm sure he sat down with each one and went through the draft with them, which takes a long time I'm sure.

J Sawyer

Beamer Hearts VCR
Nov 13, 2010
I won't pretend to know these players well enough, unlike some people, to have my own rankings or analyze where they're at.

I'll trust the guys who's watched 'em play outside of YouTube and highlights on TSN

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
Klefbom ranked lower than Brodin

george-costanza.jpg

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I won't pretend to know these players well enough, unlike some people, to have my own rankings or analyze where they're at.

I'll trust the guys who's watched 'em play outside of YouTube and highlights on TSN

For the record, a large number of people on the prospect board are actually legit. :yo:

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm surprised Khokhlachev dropped that far. I figured he would be a sure-fire late first/early second at worst

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
If Mika is still there at number 7, I strongly believe that Winnipeg will pick him as they aren't in need of a D-man. I want him to fall to the Bruins but I doubt, I would be happy with Murphy or Strome though. Seguin and Strome would be a dynamite duo in the future and would be fun to watch.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad