Bob M. on Bob G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyMite

Feb 4, 2005
North of North
I didn't see a thread on this subject but if there is one please close.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=130965

I just thought it was interesting that Bob G. still has a move left before there is closure on this whole mess and with JR's comments last night on OTR, it will be the highlight of the press conference when he faces the media. Will he really do option 3 and when?

"Option 3: Goodenow knows his incredibly successful run as head of the union is over and it's time to go - now. If you know Bob Goodenow at all, you would have to think there is a large part of him that would take great delight in standing up on Thursday or in the next few days and announcing his resignation on the spot, telling everyone how much he is opposed to the linkage/cap system, how he said he would never accept that and he won't put his name to that agreement because he is out, out, outta of here."

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Am I the only one that really doesn't give a crap what happens to Goodenow? Out of all things NHL/lockout-related right now, I care the least about this.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
incawg said:
Am I the only one that really doesn't give a crap what happens to Goodenow? Out of all things NHL/lockout-related right now, I care the least about this.

Double agreed.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
As it pertains to my fan-dom of hockey, I really could care less - even though I supported the PA's position throughout all of this..

With that said, I think that Goodenow will stay. He helped the players make some big strides while under the old agreement, and there's no reason to think that he couldn't help them do the same under this agreement.

If anything, the way you operate while under an agreement is at least as important as how good of an agreement you negotiate. And the more restrictive the agreement is, the more important your operations under that agreement are.

mackdogs*

incawg said:
Totally agree. If I never hear Goodenow or Eklund mentioned again I will die quite happy.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
Option 3 we might love but won't happen. Would Bob McKenzie (did when he has been fired all too many times) quit, or did the person who's making the silly suggestion force his employer to buy him out.

Goodenow is done, but he'll want to be paid as much of the $7.5 million he's owed as possible. If he does what McKenzie suggets he can be fired with cause meaning he won't be paid on the remaining $7.5 million he's owed. He's far too smart and too classy to even seriously consider that option

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
RedSoxNation said:
Option 3 we might love but won't happen. Would Bob McKenzie (did when he has been fired all too many times) quit, or did the person who's making the silly suggestion force his employer to buy him out.

Goodenow is done, but he'll want to be paid as much of the $7.5 million he's owed as possible. If he does what McKenzie suggets he can be fired with cause meaning he won't be paid on the remaining $7.5 million he's owed. He's far too smart and too classy to even seriously consider that option

It really depends on Goodenow's other options. If Bob can get $7.5 million doing something else, he might jump out.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Smail said:
It really depends on Goodenow's other options. If Bob can get $7.5 million doing something else, he might jump out.
:biglaugh:

The theme from "Car Wash" just popped into my head, I swear to God...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->