Confirmed with Link: Bob Lowes promoted to Chief scout

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, the OUT door has been getting a lot of use lately. Would be nice to see a bit more use of the IN door. ;)

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Two part timers were just promoted to full time. Unless I've missed something, we've added two full time amateur scouts and lost one. Bottom rung positions are open for new faces and we're still short a pro scout. No matter how much I try to care about this, I find I can't.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
hmm....so we lost another one to Buffalo. Wow, not sure how to feel about this.

Why are people worried? They keep repeating how much the Sens are crap, etc. Then why in hell are they worried because a divisional rival is getting some of its old mediocre staff?

HF, I'll never get it. lol

Or maybe it's all Bryan Murray's fault and all the rest is gold!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Why are people worried? They keep repeating how much the Sens are crap, etc. Then why in hell are they worried because a divisional rival is getting some of its old mediocre staff?

HF, I'll never get it. lol

Or maybe it's all Bryan Murray's fault and all the rest is gold!

biggest strength has been scouting and drafting. more of a question mark going forward now.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
biggest strength has been scouting and drafting. more of a question mark going forward now.

But many of you are saying the Sens crap so... sorry but with that reasoning those people should be happy if every person in management goes.

The way I see things, means a new opportunity for somebody else. Will it be better or worse remains to be seen.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
But many of you are saying the Sens crap so... sorry but with that reasoning those people should be happy if every person in management goes.

The way I see things, means a new opportunity for somebody else. Will it be better or worse remains to be seen.

scary to think where we'd be without the above average drafting of the last few years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Erm...the people saying the Sens are crap aren't necessarily the same ones worried about all the departures in management.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
scary to think where we'd be without the above average drafting of the last few years.

With Edmonton drafting high. Well, the same argument could be made for about any NHL team (except a few very rich ones who can buy a lot of toys). You are going nowhere in today's NHL without a good drafting and development system.

Erm...the people saying the Sens are crap aren't necessarily the same ones worried about all the departures in management.

So those people on the main board are not worried about this :sarcasm:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Has anyone on HFBoards or elsewhere ever done an assessment of individual team's drafting records to compare the performance of their scouting staffs? Given staff turnover over time, I imagine it would be difficult to link drafting records to individual scouts or scouting staff personnel.

I had some time today and started searching for an answer or information on this. I found the following interesting article:

http://canucksarmy.com/2014/6/26/sham-sharron-takes-over-all-30-draft-tables

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad