Tribute Bob Jones (assistant coach) announces ALS diagnosis

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
This is heartbreaking. Life is way more important than pucklife, wish him the very best treatment.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Thinking of Bob and his family and wishing him peace and comfort in the journey ahead.

My father died of ALS. From ‘healthy’ at diagnosis to in capacitated and dead within the year.

f*** ALS.

Condolences Bob and family.

Sorry to hear that and for your loss Ice.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Thinking of Bob and his family and wishing him peace and comfort in the journey ahead.

Sorry to hear that and for your loss Ice.
That’s kind of you to say Bil, Devil, OD, thank you guys :)

I think I read last year that they may have some more promising treatment on the way, so I’m hoping for the best for Bob and fam.

Didn’t mean to steer focus away from the Jones’s, just wanted to share how terrible this disease is.

There’s a lot of hope and chance that he’s one of the long term ones with milder symptoms.

Hopes and good vibes for them!

Reactions: Bileur

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

I think I read last year that they may have some more promising treatment on the way, so I’m hoping for the best for Bob and fam.

Didn’t mean to steer focus away from the Jones’s, just wanted to share how terrible this disease is.

There’s a lot of hope and chance that he’s one of the long term ones with milder symptoms.

Its important to talk about this kind of stuff. Research is often dictated by what is visible within society and research is our greatest tool in combatting these terrible, unique, destructive diseases.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
This season went south really fast.
Condolences to Bob and his family.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
My father died of ALS. From ‘healthy’ at diagnosis to in capacitated and dead within the year.

f*** ALS.

Condolences Bob and family.
Sorry to hear of this. ALS can be so quick to kill a person. I know someone who is going through this now.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

Apparently the assistant GM of the Flames was diagnosed with ALS in 2019. So there’s at least a possibility that Bob Jones can continue to work in the hockey world for a while, if that’s what he wishes.

And I’m sorry to hear about your Dad. It’s not the same as losing a parent but I had a colleague who was diagnosed with ALS and was also gone within a year. So I’ve seen firsthand just how cruel a disease it is.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Apparently the assistant GM of the Flames was diagnosed with ALS in 2019. So there’s at least a possibility that Bob Jones can continue to work in the hockey world for a while, if that’s what he wishes.

And I’m sorry to hear about your Dad. It’s not the same as losing a parent but I had a colleague who was diagnosed with ALS and was also gone within a year. So I’ve seen firsthand just how cruel a disease it is.
Thank you, and yeah it’s nice to know that perhaps Bob Jones can have a very slow onset, it happens often enough and would he great to hear.

Kind of reminds of BMurray a bit. By the time we heard about it he was well in his way. Our team has had a few serious health issues to coaches and obviously the owner over the years.

But yeah ALS is brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad