Speculation: Bob Hartley - Do you want him back?

TylerSVT*

Keep him on, his 0 defensive style game helps us land higher picks.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I guess. Frequently changing coaches is never the solution.

I doubt Feaster would have been making the kind of trades he did in the last couple weeks unless his job was safe, and he has presumably benn acquiring players or looking to acquire players in the summer with Hartley's coaching in mind.

Another coach or GM change just leads to starting over again. And I can't take many 8-2 losses to the Oilers.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Can't really judge him, while his defensive game plan has been suspect and his pk plan is terribad he hasn't gotten the same level of goaltending out of Kipper that any other coach had and he was also able to utilize players like Stajan(called it :)), Backlund and Jbo. I would keep him as we seem to be building a team based on offense and not defense unlike past teams.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really like Hartley a lot actually. He has a great personality and he seems to be a really good fit with this city. There has been so much distraction and **** following this team for years, now all the distractions are gone. If he can shore up the defence, I think he has the potential to be one of the top coaches in the franchises history.

I think he coaches a style that is modern and that cater's to our players strengths, he also seems to know how to get the most out of our guys. Again, his style is very run and gun (ie. Flyers) and they need to learn to play much better in the neutral zone and limit so many dam turnovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad