News Article: Bob Cole's final call to be season finale between Toronto and Montreal

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that watching hockey called by someone other than Cole is less exciting to me, personally, than when he's been in the booth.

A true legend. I will miss him.

Might be a lot of nostalgia talking, but nobody can make even the most mundane plays exciting like Mr. Cole.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
We grew up with guys like cheeks, neale and cole and we now have jim crapson, buck martinez and the like. Sigh. (baseball and hockey ofc)

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Bob Cole simply the best in the business. will miss him dearly. Called the game right down the middle don't see that anymore on HNIC.

Reactions: TakeTheBody

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
It hits you after a while all the great voices you heard growing up watching hockey. Gallivan, Hewitt, Howie Meeker, McFarlane, Hodge and so many more. I held on to Bob Cole and I would shudder when so many of the young fans on here would not be so kind in their statements. I will hold all these men with the fondest of memories, including Don Cherry. Hockey will never be the same, to me this was the golden age of hockey.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
That would require the Habs making the playoffs.
Yes probably won’t happen this year but I think there’s a good chance these 2 teams meet in the playoffs in the next few years and I’m already sad that it wont be cole doing the play by play lol that series is gonna be epic when it happens

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It hits you after a while all the great voices you heard growing up watching hockey. Gallivan, Hewitt, Howie Meeker, McFarlane, Hodge and so many more. I held on to Bob Cole and I would shudder when so many of the young fans on here would not be so kind in their statements. I will hold all these men with the fondest of memories, including Don Cherry. Hockey will never be the same, to me this was the golden age of hockey.

With the exception of Cherry, they were all good -- even if Meeker got a bit annoying from time to time. However, things change. Announcers come and go. And while I enjoyed those men when they were working, I can't say I really miss them. But then, I'm very much a "okay, that's done -- let's move on" kind of person who isn't overly nostalgic about much of anything.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I wonder if all the edgy e-warrior children on this site are going to continue talking shit about this man right to his last game? Nothing grinds me more then seeing someone complain about Cole and then seemingly be fine with Hughson lol

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I wonder if all the edgy e-warrior children on this site are going to continue talking **** about this man right to his last game? Nothing grinds me more then seeing someone complain about Cole and then seemingly be fine with Hughson lol

Yes, heaven forbid that someone have different opinions or tastes than yours. :shakehead

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I wonder if all the edgy e-warrior children on this site are going to continue talking **** about this man right to his last game? Nothing grinds me more then seeing someone complain about Cole and then seemingly be fine with Hughson lol
Next they are going to comb through his entire life to find something out of context offensive so they can deplatform him. Maybe a few of them will actually grow to appreciate his talent while doing so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad