Speculation: Bob and Bread combo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm not sure.

Bob came out of the summer hot stinking mad at Jarmo. The simplest explanation for that is that he didn't get what he wanted. He didn't get the contract offer / recognition that he thought he deserved.

Either way, at this point I think it's too late.

This. I think there absolutely was a time when Bob would have re-signed with us, but that time has passed.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I'm not sure.

Bob came out of the summer hot stinking mad at Jarmo. The simplest explanation for that is that he didn't get what he wanted. He didn't get the contract offer / recognition that he thought he deserved.

Either way, at this point I think it's too late.

Plus (and this is important) he misinterpreted the advice to seek counselling regarding his PO choking issues. Yes I have mentioned this before but the social stigma about mental health in Russia is way bigger than one can imagine.

Anyway I withdraw myself from this discussion. The road ahead isnt empty with or without this duo.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So according to Portzline

- Bobrovsky asked for a trade last summer. But only to a select few teams. Jackets couldn't/didn't want to find a deal.

- Rumors say he plans to sign with the Panthers. Potential for a sign and trade or a trade for the rights to negotiate with him.

- Nothing has changed with Panarin. He wants to be courted to teams.

- Best bet is NY Rangers or Florida.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Both bob and bread are lying/acting/bsing. Look at it this way: what else can they possibly say?
I know that english isn't Bob's first language, but every time he talks he uses the past tense to describe his relationship with the CBJ.

Portzine has his odds at staying a 2% and Panarin's at 5%. I'd flip those because with a 30 year old goalie wanting a ton of money and term, his best financial option might be the CBJ. In fact I'd give him a 10 to 15% chance of coming back just due to that.

My odds for Panarin coming back are 1 in 1,007. And I'm probably being generous. He is so gone.

Reactions: Madifer

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've got mixed feeling on this year, but I'll be honest, I am a bit glad that Bob and Bread didn't win the Cup for the CBJ team this year and the TEAM will be able to PROVE what they can do, next year and into the future.
This is rich. This is really, really rich. How many times have you scornfully accused folks of quietly wanting the Jackets to fail because they'd rather be 'proven right' than have a winning team, and thereby dismissed what those folks had to say out of hand? And yet right now you openly admit to doing that exact same thing yourself, for the very same reason you profess to despise in others.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order. It's pathetic.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
This is rich. This is really, really rich. How many times have you scornfully accused folks of quietly wanting the Jackets to fail because they'd rather be 'proven right' than have a winning team, and thereby dismissed what those folks had to say out of hand? And yet right now you openly admit to doing that exact same thing yourself, for the very same reason you profess to despise in others.

This is hypocrisy of the highest order. It's pathetic.

How many times? Have I done what?! Not sure what you are saying, but, feel free to post an example.

Because, I didnt want Bob and Bread to win a Cup so all their fans can claim how THEY won, and how the team is still doomed for the near future? I wanted AT LEAST Bob traded, before the year or at the deadline, and I would have loved the team to win. I would love and have just as much "hope" for the team next year as I did to start this year or after the deadline.

And are we to the point YET where we can STOP with this "good teammate" stuff, regarding Bobby.

"Cancer", just like Jojo.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
This is quite speculative but I think he likes attention, maybe even a lot, he likes money (more than anyone should ever like it), then usually russian guys become parents at around his age so family etc. In other words: its money and fame that he craves. Quite primitive really. But then again, as a native speaker I listen to his interviews and I hear a poorly educated "commoner" who is quite a simpleton.

And also I highly doubt he will go back to his country once his career is over.

I love Panarin as a player- by far the best offensive player on the team- but I do wonder how motivated he'll be to excel and win once he has the big contract signed. Although I'd let him walk if he's getting 6 or 7 years, I don't have that particular concern with Bob.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As much as they talk and say their minds are made up and Jarmo made the comment it takes both sides to come to a deal I think the most telling subtle thing of it all was that neither Bob or Bread were prominently featured on any playoff marketing. Neither of them had their faces on the building. I don't recall them being prioritized on any individual posters, etc.

Jarmo is not going to make a desperation push for either of them. It has all been laid out on the table so far and if they want to be here, they will be here. If not, Jarmo has moved on.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
As much as they talk and say their minds are made up and Jarmo made the comment it takes both sides to come to a deal I think the most telling subtle thing of it all was that neither Bob or Bread were prominently featured on any playoff marketing. Neither of them had their faces on the building. I don't recall them being prioritized on any individual posters, etc.

Jarmo is not going to make a desperation push for either of them. It has all been laid out on the table so far and if they want to be here, they will be here. If not, Jarmo has moved on.

I've moved on I would hope Jarmo has.

Irina

Jan 15, 2019
I remember Bread's old interviews. He said he had chosen Chicago because of their style of play. They were playing like Russians, smart hockey with passes etc. And I think, the main reason he doesn't want to stay here is jackets' style of play. I doubt he can say it openly, it could cast a shadow on Torts, players etc. So we have official verson "I don't like the city of Columbus".
Jarmo doesn't have to spend money on Panarin-like, Duchene-like players. It's waste of both money and talent of these players. Jackets' offensive play is so dumb and predictable. I don't know what's the reason of it, whether Torts coaching or low hockey IQ and selfishness of players. Against Boston they looked like bunch of individuals playing hochey. And they lost to the team who played as a unit, as a team.
Jackets will have success, playing their grit style. Like Islanders without Tavares. But signing or buying one smart playmaker and hoping, that he alone leads them to the cup without help of other players, who don't want to play smart hockey..it's nonsence...
And yes, I think it's the same reason for Duchene and Dzingel for leaving..Such players are suffering in this system.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
How many times? Have I done what?! Not sure what you are saying, but, feel free to post an example.

You're going to claim you've never accused anyone of being a fan of a certain player or players over the team, and that you are a "fan of the CBJ"? Because it sound like that's what you're saying. And yet we all know you've done that many times. So yeah, I fail to see how being a "fan of the CBJ" squares with being glad they lost. What it sounds like is you being an anti-fan of certain players over being a fan of the team.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You're going to claim you've never accused anyone of being a fan of a certain player or players over the team, and that you are a "fan of the CBJ"? Because it sound like that's what you're saying. And yet we all know you've done that many times. So yeah, I fail to see how being a "fan of the CBJ" squares with being glad they lost. What it sounds like is you being an anti-fan of certain players over being a fan of the team.

Lets see the quotes if it happened "that many times". Seems like what I've said and feel is being misrepresented or at least misinterpreted.

How many times realistically can (WILL is more accurate than "can") a team actually win a Cup or go late into the playoffs, in a "row" or at least in the same "stretch"?? To be more precise/in depth with my honesty and authenticity you could say I will be MORE HAPPY if they go further in the next year or 2 or 3, WITHOUT Bob, and by his OWN doing, Panarin. You think I'm more glad now than a Cup win?

Lets slow down a bit with the whole, "thebus is celebrating the CBJ losing" narrative, shall we. (IMO a lot of/too many) People like to make negative claims about this CBJ team, and have ever since Torts was hired. They've wanted negative things to happen with the TEAM/Torts, while wanting positive things to happen with certain players, no matter how much they say, "I sure hope I'm wrong though". Not me. I've been about as positive and vocal about my positivity about the TEAM, as anybody on here. Going all the way back to the Nash trade, when the "chicken littles" were at some of their loudest. Its not my fault that since then, Jarmo seems to be in agreement with the players on my supposed "hitlist". Even if he's usually a couple years slow. M-CBJ-G-A

MY ISSUE IS, like Nash (when he was traded), Bob (and to a lesser extent, Panarin) was given way too much credit for the teams "success" or how much impact they had on wins OR (especially in Bob's case) losses. And at the same time the TEAM isn't given enough credit for the players (goalie plays BEHIND all the other players) supposed "individual" awards and "numbers". If the team would have "won" (say conference or cup) this year (and these guys left) this "mindset" would have been MULTIPLIED and expressed ad nauseam here for at least the summer and next year and realistically until the CBJ ever got to that point again in the playoffs. Forgive me, if I am glad that will not happen.

Imo.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Lets slow down a bit with the whole, "thebus is celebrating the CBJ losing" narrative, shall we. (IMO a lot of/too many)

Hard to misinterpret "...I am a bit glad Bob and Bread didn't win the Cup this year for the CBJ..." It seems especially notable coming from someone who claims to value team above individual players. Feel free to continue to explain it away.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I've got mixed feeling on this year, but I'll be honest, I am a bit glad that Bob and Bread didn't win the Cup for the CBJ team this year and the TEAM will be able to PROVE what they can do, next year and into the future.

Or you could’ve hoped they won the Cup both this year and next year without those guys, but what do I know...

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Or you could’ve hoped they won the Cup both this year and next year without those guys, but what do I know...

Paragraph 2.

"How many times realistically can (WILL is more accurate than "can") a team actually win a Cup or go late into the playoffs, in a "row" or at least in the same "stretch"?? To be more precise/in depth with my honesty and authenticity you could say I will be MORE HAPPY if they go further in the next year or 2 or 3, WITHOUT Bob, and by his OWN doing, Panarin. You think I'm more glad now than a Cup win?"

I could "hope" they go to the finals and win the cup 3-4 years in a row. Its not gonna happen. For any team.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Hard to misinterpret "...I am a bit glad Bob and Bread didn't win the Cup this year for the CBJ..." It seems especially notable coming from someone who claims to value team above individual players. Feel free to continue to explain it away.

I will.

I'll harp on the semantics of, "a BIT glad"

and

"glad Bob and Bread didn't win the Cup"

and

the usage of "for", in, "for the CBJ".

and, why cut off the end of my statement, as if it doesn't alter the context?

"and the TEAM will be able to PROVE what they can do, next year and into the future."

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lets see the quotes if it happened "that many times". Seems like what I've said and feel is being misrepresented or at least misinterpreted.
Sure seems to me like you said you're glad we didn't win the Cup this year (with Bread and Bob on the team) because that way folks that you imagine are fans of particular players rather than the team itself can't point to those players as "why" we won. Or, IOW, that us losing is okay because at least that way folks you disagree with are thwarted. That you care more about your perception of what parts of the team matter than you do about the team actually being successful.

I wonder how long it'll take before similar sentiments apply with someone like Werenski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad