Speculation: Bob and Bread combo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

Panarin (Russian interview)

On whether he decided where he wants to play “Haven’t decided yet, not even thinking about it now”

On Jackets fans: “best fans I’ve seen in the NHL”

look obviously he cant say anything at this point. Until the new contract has been signed his answers will always be elusive. It cant be any different really. For many reasons

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What’s the reason for booing them exactly ? Setting franchise records? Getting the first series win ?

Few simple questions....

Why do the Bob fans completely downplay the "shower"/leaving the team/suspension incident?

Can you compare it to any other recent NHL situations?

Do you think we know the TRUE/ACTUAL feelings of the players from the public comments made?

And 1 comment...

It is what it is.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Few simple questions....

Why do the Bob fans completely downplay the "shower"/leaving the team/suspension incident?

Do you think we know the TRUE/ACTUAL feelings of the players from the public comments made?

And 1 comment...

It is what it is.
Thst was nothing. A guy got frustrated, and it was all worked out just fine. The further locker room and on the ice interaction with teammates just proved it

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
That makes no sense. Players leave all the time, it’s how they left and how they played for us should determine your attitude towards them.

Do you boo Johansen every time he touches puck? Anisimov, Saad?

Bobrovsky was literally suspended by the team because of his conduct DURING a game.

Some people like to highlight the fact that the CBJ only made the playoffs by a couple points. Who would be held "responsible" in this situation, if the CBJ would have missed by a point or 2?

It seems some would "blame" Torts/Jarmo, or essentially anybody else, before they would dare believe Bobby was the negative influencer and that he should carry ALL the weight.

Our future captain has given out his feelings on the situation, that's all that should matter. I'm with some in the belief that more TRUTH will come out about Bob and his conduct around the team in the future.

Reactions: Madifer

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Bobrovsky was literally suspended by the team because of his conduct DURING a game.

Some people like to highlight the fact that the CBJ only made the playoffs by a couple points. Who would be held "responsible" in this situation, if the CBJ would have missed by a point or 2?

It seems some would "blame" Torts/Jarmo, or essentially anybody else, before they would dare believe Bobby was the negative influencer and that he should carry ALL the weight.

Our future captain has given out his feelings on the situation, that's all that should matter. I'm with some in the belief that more TRUTH will come out about Bob and his conduct around the team in the future.
You sound like you’re just trying to make their departure easy on yourself finding reasons to hate them.

Reactions: Viqsi

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I agree they'll play in front of small crowds down in Sunrise, but the Panthers would be scary good with Bob and Bread added to the mix. Their top 6 was awesome as is, they just need a solid backstop.

Top 6 forwards, its already no contest.

Throw in some games in hand, Bob and Panarin, and I see no way this CBJ team finishes ahead of them.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Thst was nothing. A guy got frustrated, and it was all worked out just fine. The further locker room and on the ice interaction with teammates just proved it

Ok, sure.

If that's what you got out of all the interviews and quotes from players and management before, during and now after the year, we will go NOWHERE in our conversation about this.

You sound like you’re just trying to make their departure easy on yourself finding reasons to hate them.

Panarin will be a tough loss. I feel he (his impact) can still be "replaced". This team was a very good team before Panarin.

Bob has been given TOO MUCH CREDIT nearly his entire time in Columbus. The team has made him seem better than what he actually is, and yet he has been seen as a huge reason why the CBJ team is as good as they are/have been. All the way up until being eliminated this year. IMO.

Glad it will be over with and this TEAM can prove as a TEAM, how good they are.

Reactions: Madifer

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Few simple questions....

And 1 comment...

It is what it is.

It’s hilarious how you berate fans for having the audacity to think we could suck next year about not being true fans, yet also pigeon hole people into “Bob fans” and non fans. Wouldn’t true fans be true fans of all the players on the team, and not pick and chose? Doesn’t sound like such a true fan to me

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It’s hilarious how you berate fans for having the audacity to think we could suck next year about not being true fans, yet also pigeon hole people into “Bob fans” and non fans. Wouldn’t true fans be true fans of all the players on the team, and not pick and chose? Doesn’t sound like such a true fan to me

Ignored the 3 simple questions.

I am a CBJ FAN. A fan of the TEAM. I am a fan of the players on the CBJ team, because they are ON the team. Some players I am a fan of, in general, no matter what team they play with. Some players I will not be a fan of after their time with the CBJ.

Some players, mainly Bobrovsky in the recent past, are (IMO) given credit for the teams success THAT THEY DO NOT DESERVE. I am more than excited for the team to answer the question if they can win without Bob, because I already know the answer.

Hopefully you get to enjoy this last little bit that Bobby is still "on the team".

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I've got mixed feeling on this year, but I'll be honest, I am a bit glad that Bob and Bread didn't win the Cup for the CBJ team this year and the TEAM will be able to PROVE what they can do, next year and into the future.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Ignored the 3 simple questions.

I am a CBJ FAN. A fan of the TEAM. I am a fan of the players on the CBJ team, because they are ON the team. Some players I am a fan of, in general, no matter what team they play with. Some players I will not be a fan of after their time with the CBJ.

Some players, mainly Bobrovsky in the recent past, are (IMO) given credit for the teams success THAT THEY DO NOT DESERVE. I am more than excited for the team to answer the question if they can win without Bob, because I already know the answer.

Hopefully you get to enjoy this last little bit that Bobby is still "on the team".

It’s also funny how you say Bob fans down play the Tampa Bay incident, one game, yet you downplay Korpisalo’s NHL stats (except wins) and the fact he got pulled for choking repeatedly during the Calder cup run a few years ago (you know, the same run sedlak got really hot in).

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I've got mixed feeling on this year, but I'll be honest, I am a bit glad that Bob and Bread didn't win the Cup for the CBJ team this year and the TEAM will be able to PROVE what they can do, next year and into the future.

Not sure a TROO fan admits they’re glad their favorite team didn’t win the cup. Weird flex, but okay.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Regarding the Rangers, into Day Three of this week’s organizational meetings pending the anticipated inauguration of John Davidson that most surely will be the biggest one ever:
1. JD: It has long been believed Davidson’s contract with Columbus includes a clause that allows him to leave if offered the Rangers’ presidency. The official request is expected in short order following the Blue Jackets’ second-round elimination on Monday. Barring a dramatic, unforeseen development, it should not be long before one of the most popular individuals in recent franchise history returns to New York at the top of the directory.
Davidson will establish the vision for the operation, though in this case that presumably means reinforcing the organization’s commitment to the building program that was adopted 15 months ago and is now in full swing, if not yet full bloom. But the question is whether (and to what degree) to attempt to accelerate the process via free agency and trades.

2. To that end, no one will be able to give general manager Jeff Gorton and the Rangers a better read than Davidson on pending unrestricted free agent Artemi Panarin, who had 87 points (28 goals, 59 assists) for Columbus. Of course, the Blueshirts will be in on the 27-year-old elite offensive talent, but at what price and for how long in an expected bidding war with the no-state tax Panthers and perhaps the Islanders and Blackhawks? The front office will at least be as educated as possible in making those determinations.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Question about Panarin... What will his motivation be once he signs the big contract, regardless of who he signs it with?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Ok, sure.

If that's what you got out of all the interviews and quotes from players and management before, during and now after the year, we will go NOWHERE in our conversation about this.

Panarin will be a tough loss. I feel he (his impact) can still be "replaced". This team was a very good team before Panarin.

Bob has been given TOO MUCH CREDIT nearly his entire time in Columbus. The team has made him seem better than what he actually is, and yet he has been seen as a huge reason why the CBJ team is as good as they are/have been. All the way up until being eliminated this year. IMO.

Glad it will be over with and this TEAM can prove as a TEAM, how good they are.
I have no problem with Bob moving on. Its probably time and better for both. I also think Bob gets a lot of credit is because he deserved it. Granted I have only been following the Jackets closely since 2013, but I saw a goalie that stood on his head for this team and make them look better than they were countless times. 2 Vezina trophies speak for themselves. Bob helped keep them in games in the Boston series when it took the offense 2.5 periods to finally put the puck in the net, not at all in game 6. Bob did just fine for this team, but it is best they both move on.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Question about Panarin... What will his motivation be once he signs the big contract, regardless of who he signs it with?

This is quite speculative but I think he likes attention, maybe even a lot, he likes money (more than anyone should ever like it), then usually russian guys become parents at around his age so family etc. In other words: its money and fame that he craves. Quite primitive really. But then again, as a native speaker I listen to his interviews and I hear a poorly educated "commoner" who is quite a simpleton.

And also I highly doubt he will go back to his country once his career is over.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is quite speculative but I think he likes attention, maybe even a lot, he likes money (more than anyone should ever like it), then usually russian guys become parents at around his age so family etc. In other words: its money and fame that he craves. Quite primitive really. But then again, as a native speaker I listen to his interviews and I hear a poorly educated "commoner" who is quite a simpleton.

I read through his most recent magazine length interview, and that is not at all what I see.

Of course he does love attention quite a lot. He reveals too much information.

But he also doesn't even own a house or any substantial property or car or anything at this point. He has a relatively modest apartment and travels in coach. He has given a lot of money to his family in Korkino.

He is a commoner from the Urals but he has also grown on the gay rights issue and spoken publicly on the internet bill in Russia, which I imagine takes a bit of bravery after everyone knows that Putin is on the other side of that issue.

The fact that he doesn't try to learn English and doesn't care to listen to his teammates is what annoys me. He's not a team player in that sense.

But his personal motivation I would describe as fame, play with great players and score goals, and good weather / a beach view. If anything he cares for money less than average, it's all a ridiculous fortune to someone with his poor upbringing. If he cared for money more the Jackets might have signed him by now.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Cashing a giant check every 2 weeks, going to the beach with other Russians. Making it to the arena in Sunrise within a two hour commute. Bankrolling his girlfriends model shoots. Maybe winning a couple hockey games if he finds the time

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Cashing a giant check every 2 weeks, going to the beach with other Russians. Making it to the arena in Sunrise within a two hour commute. Bankrolling his girlfriends model shoots. Maybe winning a couple hockey games if he finds the time
Pretty much this

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
This is all their problem. Their wishes. No angst in me about it.
We wish you'd have stayed but so long, good luck (but not too much) and bring on the next men that will skate on CBJ ice because you're now just history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad