Speculation: Bob and Bread combo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I honestly think he’s only referring to Bread.

Bob would stay if we wanted him and paid him.

I agree. Bob knows he’s gonna be paid on the open market, and we’re not willing to give him that. I think if we offered him 8x10, he would have signed instantly.

I do also think he’s felt disrespected at times by management. Kinda different, but slightly related. Ultimately comes down to the CBJ didn’t want him enough and/or he felt the CBJ didn’t want/appreciate him enough.

That’s completely different from what I think happened with Panarin.

Reactions: GoJackets1

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don’t think Bob has ever cared about playing in a big city. He just wants his retirement contract and we’re not the ones giving it to him. I’m pretty convinced he’d want to stay if given a legitimate chance by Jarmo.

He didn’t appreciate management and Torts talking about his mental toughness the past two plays offs.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I honestly think he’s only referring to Bread.

Bob would stay if we wanted him and paid him.
That is true , but from day 1 this season when he reported , it was made clear he no longer wanted to be here either . Then you have cryptic message from Torts about this room this year , and a coming to Jesus meeting after the Edmonton game . Really makes me wonder what the room was like with Bob and Bread , and the rest of the team

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm not sure.

Bob came out of the summer hot stinking mad at Jarmo. The simplest explanation for that is that he didn't get what he wanted. He didn't get the contract offer / recognition that he thought he deserved.

Either way, at this point I think it's too late.
It's like when hot girl is dumping you, you tell everyone it's your choice, and she was bad in bed anyway.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
To anyone that really thinks Bob would stay if we paid him.

This guy’s mind was made up before the season started. Trade his rights to Florida and move on sooner than later.

How would we know the difference, based on this quote, if this is Bob not wanting us, or us not wanting Bob?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
How would we know the difference, based on this quote, if this is Bob not wanting us, or us not wanting Bob?
Because it was reported several times by Lebrun and Friedman, that when JK wanted to talk extension Bob said he's not interested in any talks. Before TDL Friedman on one of his 31 thoughts wrote that Jackets tried extension talks again, but no result.

Later (after Game2 or 1? with Tampa) Lebrun wrote this again.

Not that the star goalie has ever come out and said this, but poking around this story over the past year there’s a popular narrative that has surfaced. The reason the Russian netminder stunned the team last summer and told them he wasn’t signing an extension was that he felt he had been made the scapegoat for the team’s inability to get out of the first round of the playoffs and well, he had enough of it.

But narrative that Bob wants Price money and we just don't give it to him is more satisfying for us, i guess.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's like when hot girl is dumping you, you tell everyone it's your choice, and she was bad in bed anyway.

So what do you think he was so mad about? If you're just planning on going elsewhere from the beginning, as Panarin was, then Panarin's more sheepish reaction is what I'd expect. You wouldn't be the angry one, would you?

In any case, the Jackets shouldn't have to explain to people why they didn't want to pay Bob $9m per. I thought they should have, before the season. Not anymore.

Reactions: GoJackets1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Because it was reported several times by Lebrun and Friedman, that when JK wanted to talk extension Bob said he's not interested in any talks. Before TDL Friedman on one of his 31 thoughts wrote that Jackets tried extension talks again, but no result.

But narrative that Bob wants Price money and we just don't give it to him is more satisfying for us, i guess.
Eh. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Maybe by now and by February Bob had accepted that he was moving along, but I think we could have locked him up last summer if we wanted to. It certainly wasn’t a situation like Panarin’s where he flat out refused to talk. Friedman is purely a clicksmonger. Jarmo just didn’t pony up the cash, told Bob that he wouldn’t get a better offer from us, Bob could’ve taken that as a sign of disrespect, so both parties moved on. But if Jarmo came up with the boat of cash Bob wanted after the season last year, I’m still convinced he would’ve signed. I don’t think much of anything Jarmo or Bob has said to this point will change that opinion. Maybe something in the future will.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
So what do you think he was so mad about? If you're just planning on going elsewhere from the beginning, as Panarin was, then Panarin's more sheepish reaction is what I'd expect. You wouldn't be the angry one, would you?

In any case, the Jackets shouldn't have to explain to people why they didn't want to pay Bob $9m per. I thought they should have, before the season. Not anymore.

9mln? No way!

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
To anyone that really thinks Bob would stay if we paid him.

This guy’s mind was made up before the season started. Trade his rights to Florida and move on sooner than later.

After last season, I told the situation to the management of the Blue Jackets, so they know everything,” Bobrovsky said in September, according to The Athletic. “They know my plans for the season. They know my plans for the future. They know everything.
“They know exactly what we’re going to do.”

His mind might have been made but assuming that quote meant him leaving, he did tell management.

Also we'll see if that old rumor is true. The guy who used to cover Columbus who now covers Florida said a deal will be made to send the rights to Bobrovsky to Florida when the season ends (Columbus season or NHL season, not sure).

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

Portzline reported differently. Columbus Blue Jackets Contract Negotiations with Sergei Bobrovsky Stall

This is really semantics. The point is, CBJ didn’t want Bob enough. Or blamed him too much. Or whatever. I think, chances are, if team is blaming player for team’s postseason failings, that team is probably not offering said player what he feels he’s worth.

Either way, it’s much different than Panarin who was very appreciated by management.

Reactions: Monk and majormajor

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Trade his rights to Florida and move on sooner than later.

I'm worried that the demand for his and Bread's rights is precisely 0 because the common wisdom is that each has already made up his mind about where to go next - whether that's true or not is immaterial because perception will set the market.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I highly doubt Bread is going to the world's.

Bye bread.

I hope Duchene stays in Columbus. Among the 4 'big' UFAs

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I would offer 7mx6y to Bob at the most and 8x8 to Bread.

If they dont accept then so be it.

Update: looks like they are surely leaving. So be it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad