Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
UPDATED DRAFT BOARD

1) Was Ovechkin (write-in)
2) Pit Malkin (write-in)
3) Chi Olesz 11-10-6 (Barker, Schremp)
4) Clm Barker (write-in)
5) Pho Tukonen 18-6-4-1-1 (Ladd, Schremp, Pineault, other)
6) Nyr Schremp 55-30-5-3-1-4 (Ladd, Wolski, Radulov, Schwarz, other)
7) Flo Ladd 12-7-7-2-1-1-1-3 (Radulov, Wolski, O'Neill, Thelen, Staff, Pic, o/)
8) Car Thelen 9-4-4-1-1-1-1 (Radulov, Wolski, Stafford, O'Neill, Picard, Pineault)
9) Ana O'Neill 17-9-6-5-2-1 (Radulov, Stafford, Wolski,Chipchura, Picard)
10)Atl Wolski 17-17-4-4-3-3-1-1 (Rad, Staff, Pic, Chip, Valabik, Schwarz, Montoya)
11)La Schwarz 19-10-9-6-2-1 (Montoya, Radulov, Picard, Stafford, Chip)
12)Min Stafford 14-8-2-2-1-1-1 (Radulov, Picard, Chip, Valabik, Lisin, Montoya)
13)Buf
14)Edm

Hey guys. I decided to start polling board to board to get a more concrete grasp on who wants who in the draft. If you feel like you know the team's needs, I encourage you to vote. I skipped over Was and Pit. If there's already an applicable poll up for some of the teams, I probably just use that one and take a skip. I'm gonna shoot for 2 days for each team, but that might be unrealistic. Thanks! (Chicago just went on the clock)

Last edited:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
PhoPhan said:
Coyotes will take the best player available.

Way to go out on a limb, man. :p:

Of course, you're probably right, as that old saw can be safely said to apply to just about every team.

My opinion: All things being equal (if there are two players of equal talent and potential available), I think the Blues will probably lean towards a forward over a defenseman in the first round.

Everyone and their brother thinks they need a goalie, but they won't be picking high enough to get either Schwarz or Montoya, IMO, and I don't know if I'd take Devan Dubnyk with the 17th pick overall when I could get a goaltending prospect every bit as good with the second-round pick in the late 40's-early 50's.

I'm thinking Ellis or Shantz, maybe reaching for Houle or Peters. I'd certainly take Dubnyk if he were still around then, but I'm pretty sure he won't be.

PrussianBlue :blues

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Currently Tukonen seems the most popular pick on the Coyotes board if Olesz and Barker are gone.

TVanek26*

PrussianBlue said:
Of course, you're probably right, as that old saw can be safely said to apply to just about every team.

That's not Buffalo's way....they go for most potential I.E. Taking Kriukov with his injury problems over Frolov... :banghead:

TVanek26*

hunter orange said:
Look for the Oil to go after a keeper with one of their first rounders and a sniper with the other.

What about Deslauriers?He was pretty much a late 1st rounder in 2002...(Picked 36th IIRC)

Devon

Feb 25, 2004
Deslauriers is good but we dont want to put all our pucks in one bag. I do believe that Lowe has said he is gona take a goalie in one the top 2 rounds already, so i also expect a goalie with one of the first rounders.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
Chicago takes Olesz in a narrow margin. 11-10-6 over Barker and Schremp. Tell me if I'm becoming a dictator, but I felt this made Barker to Columbus an automatic write in that would only waste time. Here's where we're at:

1) Was Ovechkin (write-in)
2) Pit Malkin (write-in)
3) Chi Olesz 11-10-6 (Barker, Schremp)
4) Clm Barker (write-in)
5) Pho

Phoenix is on the clock on the yotes board. I know there's a pretty strong favorite, but not strong enough to write-in imo. Voting ends in 2 days.

BIGTRAIN*

Washington become a wild card for picks 4 thru 12 because of the other two #1's and two #2's to offer for one of the high # 1"s >> If ia trade is done look for the caps to draft a big center or a defenseman >> Thoughts

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
We have an official tally in Phoenix. Tukonen in a land slide, as the above posters said. 18-6-4-2 over Ladd, Schremp, and Pineault. A good battle is already underway on the ranger board for the #6.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
The canes take Thelen with the #8, and way to keep up the banter in here :cry: Seriously, if you'e getting sick of seeing this thing bumped, bear with me, 6 more to go. Maybe I'll go to every other updates.

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
With the 9th pick, Anaheim selected Wes O'Neill in pretty convincing fashion. This surprised me a bit, I thought he was a bit of a reach at 9. I think they're pretty convinced that help is needed on the blueline, Thelen was selected right ahead of them by Carolina at #8.

With Atlanta's 10, we saw the closest race in the draft so far, at least since Chicago with Olesz-Barker. In fact, we had to go to a tie-breaker with Wolski and Radulov. Wolski took it, resulting in yet another second-place finish for Radulov. I think it's fair to say he's officially in free-fall. I think a lot of people haven't come around on his abilities yet. LA is now on the clock, will they pass him up for their goalie?

sushinsky4tsar

Oct 17, 2002
Edina, MN
Visit site
Los Angeles gets their goalie with the 11th overall, opting for Schwarz over Montoya.

At #12, Drew Stafford is staying home. The Wild board went with the safer hometown power forward over the flashy hit or miss Radulov, as he continues to fall. Buffalo appears to be looking at defensemen at #13, while there's a good chance Montoya will go to the Oilers at #14. If this plays out, there should be some very happy lower playoff teams if Radulov and Picard fall out of the lottery.

Instead of recycling this thread, I think I'm going to kill it off now. If you want to follow, just follow it on the team boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->