Board the plane. Flight attendant gives me the old eyeball. Up & down.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I work for an airline and the reality is 80-90% of first class passengers are upgrades these days. Nothing has really changed from 20-30 years ago when most of first class was airline employees and their families. Upgrades simply didn’t exist then. Airlines still on average though only “sell” 10-20% of the seats up there with the rest being upgraded. I of course have access to the list to see who has a purchased ticket and who does not and when I’m occasionally up there I tend to notice the purchased ticket folks rarely seem rich in any aspect and a major reason is nobody wants to dress fancy sitting on a plane for hours. Since my dad worked in jewelry as a side business I’m relatively saavy and can often notice if they have a 10,000$ watch or ring on which nobody else would. I also have seen more celebrities sitting in the back than in first class. Kelly Rowland and Smokey Robison were the only two people I’ve seen in first class. Meanwhile I’ve seen Vince Gill, Tom Brokaw, Matthew Broderick, and Michael Strahan sitting in the back. Even people with money don’t always find it worth it to sit up there

Last edited:

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I work for an airline and the reality is 80-90% of first class passengers are upgrades these days. Nothing has really changed from 20-30 years ago when most of first class was airline employees and their families. Upgrades simply didn’t exist then. Airlines still on average though only “sell” 10-20% of the seats up there with the rest being upgraded. I of course have access to the list to see who has a purchased ticket and who does not and when I’m occasionally up there I tend to notice the purchased ticket folks rarely seem rich in any aspect and a major reason is nobody wants to dress fancy sitting on a plane for hours. Since my dad worked in jewelry as a side business I’m relatively saavy and can often notice if they have a 10,000$ watch or ring on which nobody else would. I also have seen more celebrities sitting in the back than in first class. Kelly Rowland and Smokey Robison were the only two people I’ve seen in first class. Meanwhile I’ve seen Vince Gill, Tom Brokaw, Matthew Broderick, and Michael Strahan sitting in the back. Even people with money don’t always find it worth it to sit up there
Vince Gill made out with my mom once.

Reactions: Bumpus

ChickenBurrito

Apr 8, 2013
3f2.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad