Board Opinion (Deadline + Around the NHL threads)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Soooo as @DegenX already mentioned 10 million times (and im vastly guilty), a lot of discussion is boiling over to multiple threads. So I want your opinion.

1) For the rush to the playoffs around the league.

- Do we want one single thread that includes all around the league playoff discussion; or
- Do we want two threads. One to discuss metro stuff and one to discuss everything else.

I prefer one mega thread myself because I flip around games on nhl.tv and since the Pens are still wildcard-ish then Montreal/Buffalo play a role.

2) For the deadline thread:

- Are we down with a GDT thread right now through the entire weekend and temporarily locking the salary cap thread? Or do we want two threads going?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
At the very least leading up to the deadline, I'd just prefer one big massive thread. Most discussions about non-Penguins trades will ultimately touch on Penguins stuff anyway, so might as well put it in one thread rather than risk repeating ourselves in multiple threads.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Mega thread leading up and then deadline day thread is my preference too...but my bigger concern is how often this site is going to crash on Monday more than my old 56k modem back in the day...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
2) For the deadline thread:

- Are we down with a GDT thread right now through the entire weekend and temporarily locking the salary cap thread? Or do we want two threads going?

I just made a GDT Deadline thread before reading this, oops :laugh:

I specifically made that one was an "around the NHL" deadline thread, but if you want to have that as an all purpose deadline thread, that's fine too.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We will leave this thread open but we are going to move to a GDT style trade deadline thread.

We will leave this open to discuss the around the NHL stuff, too.

Reactions: BHD

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Option C - 15 threads discussing line combinations

What's the point, since we all know Sid's choices dictate the other lines . . . :razz:

ZrWJXR.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jack Johnson - Malkin - ZAR

Hey, that's already the case, just with Johnson playing defense with them most of the time (allegedly).

And I'm kind of warming up to @ColePens boy ZAR. Watching Vanilla Ice (Tanner Pearson) and Phil on the LW will do that . . . :D

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Well the Deadline thread has already become the All Purpose thread so you may as well lock that up until after Monday, people never stay on topic!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad