Player Discussion Bo Horvat

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Without getting into the merits of his power play game, all I’m saying is that we often hear discussion of the Canucks being undersized, weak, uninspired, tired, lazy and inconsistent. None of these apply to Bo’s game.
This is true. But also is his inability to tip a puck or screen a goalie. So his spot on the PP is wasted on a talent who can’t do these things that help a PP.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Horvat needs just THREE points in his final 9 games to continue having his best PPG season ever year

2014-15 0.368
2015-16 0.488
2016-17 0.642
2017-18 0.688
2018-19 0.740 ON PACE

Reactions: lindgren

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Horvat needs just THREE points in his final 9 games to continue having his best PPG season ever year

2014-15 0.368
2015-16 0.488
2016-17 0.642
2017-18 0.688
2018-19 0.740 ON PACE

Good thing the remaining schedule is pretty soft. Three games are against Ottawa, LA and Anaheim, and one against Calgary, who for some reason seem to be Vancouver's whipping boys this season. Also, last two games are against Nashville and St Louis who will probably be resting some guys for the playoffs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bo went 9 for 9.

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
This is true. But also is his inability to tip a puck or screen a goalie. So his spot on the PP is wasted on a talent who can’t do these things that help a PP.
Didn’t look like it tonight...

I’ll say it again.. there should be some debate about who is the Canucks best player..

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Has all of his teammates respect....plays hurt... works hard in off season . improves every year. Class act.

My Captain Oh Captain

Henrik will pass the torch at their retirement ceremony next season..book it

Reactions: Katani Kalan

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Unless he’s traded at the draft

Puts on tinfoil hat*
Xtra’s conspiracy theory: the reason the canucks didn’t name Bo captain this off season because they might need him as a trade chip to get jack Hughes.

The canucks didn’t want to risk the backlash of trading their captain so they didn’t name a captain until after this season Incase they needed to deal him.

Takes off tinfoil hat*

Reactions: DomY

member 290103

Unless he’s traded at the draft

Puts on tinfoil hat*
Xtra’s conspiracy theory: the reason the canucks didn’t name Bo captain this off season because they might need him as a trade chip to get jack Hughes.

The canucks didn’t want to risk the backlash of trading their captain so they didn’t name a captain until after this season Incase they needed to deal him.

Takes off tinfoil hat*

f*** me.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Once I saw him give the game puck to Lonnie Cameron and lead the players in a handshake line, I knew he had the C in the bag. I feel lucky that we even have the opportunity to have a captain like Bo. You can tell just how much he's learned from the Sedin's leadership.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Never seen a group of players so happy to finnish a season with 80 points.

Yea, no kidding, shame on this group of young players for fighting hard to finish the season strong and being happy about a late season win over one of the league's top teams. I'd much rather they all mope and act like little babies out there because they missed the playoffs!

It's always easy to see which HF posters have never played a sport in their lives.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Has all of his teammates respect....plays hurt... works hard in off season . improves every year. Class act.

My Captain Oh Captain

Henrik will pass the torch at their retirement ceremony next season..book it

Should be Eriksson as captain. Leads by example

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
So wonder how Horvat will do this coming year as he seems to get better every year and now this year Horvat will get better teammates hopefully maybe Miller maybe Ferland Maybe Pearson we will see. 65 pts? Gets kinda under talked about under Pettersson and with Boesers contract coming up, but he is a anchor for us. Cant wait to see what he will do this year

:yo:

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Might be a breakout year for Horvat. He looks like he found himself a perfect linemate in Miller, they have some serious chemistry. Looking forward to this upcoming season.

Miller-Horvat-Pearson
and
Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Have me very excited. Finally potentially two actual decent lines.

Hope they can find a good mix for the bottom six as well...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yup, as a secret non-Canuck fan (because of Pettersson) these additions look thrilling. Ferland is a good, skilled working player, Miller is a two-way player that is simply solid, but nothing special, especially not when it comes to consistency. However, he has some skill, so he always has potential to flourish in this new enviroment.

Both top lines look much more solid. No more question marks which average bottom 6 winger should play with the talented forwards the team actually has.

I would like them to try to switch Ferland and Miller around a bit though. Boeser should always stay with Pettersson though, he's a better playmaker than Horvat, which is no knack on Horvat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad