Bo Horvat Named as the 14th Captain of the Vancouver Canucks

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The pageantry that went into the announcement :shakehead

Could've just announced it. Everyone knew it'd be him, and rightfully so.

Reactions: TSN Jdog

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Mixed feeling.

I would've prefered Pettersson, but Horvat is a good heart and soul guy, but considering my answer is still EP40 I think they should've given it to Edler or Tanev.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Mixed feeling.

I would've prefered Pettersson, but Horvat is a good heart and soul guy, but considering my answer is still EP40 I think they should've given it to Edler or Tanev.

Quoting myself here but I would have been upset if it was Elias. While quite the talent, he doesn't handle his emotions very well and it is way too much responsibility to shoulder on a kid.

Horvat was brought onto this ship when it was going under and has seen it rise out of the depths with a full head of steam. He's played on every line in every role and exceeded expectations the whole way through. He's the only young homegrown talent to have tasted the playoffs so far and he is the bridge between the Sedin era and the Pettersson era.

There's no other candidate in my eyes. Going with Pettersson would be a cop out PR move in my opinion.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Horvat was the right choice. I don't think anyone who follows the Canucks would say otherwise. Horvat's been there since the Sedin's and is much more qualified than a guy like Elias. Edler would've been fine but just delaying the inevitable.

I love Pettersson but your star player doesn't always have to be your team's captain especially when it's only his 2nd season in the league. Most importantly none of us are in the room with these guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad