Injury Report: Bo Horvat is week-to-week with a fractured ankle

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
6 weeks = Roughly February Return
NHL Trade Deadline = February 28th

No chance this team doesnt drop down the NHL standings.
Horvat is the most important player on this team, and an absolute horse.

Last edited:

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
That is odd. I was at the game and the injury looked to be the result of a un-penalized hit from behind.

horvat-hurt.gif

Regardless, a horrible result to be sure. We really don't have any other options for a 1st line C. Henrik looked like he was skating in glue playing a very mobile team in Carolina... what to do?

Reactions: JuniorNelson

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Im going to be that guy...

This is awful short term, but might put us in a position to really kick up the rebuild at trade deadline (By not being in the playoff hunt)

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

This is awful short term, but might put us in a position to really kick up the rebuild at trade deadline (By not being in the playoff hunt)
They lack the depth to fill the hole. With Sutter and Dorsett out, bo was at 23 minutes against Nashville because he plays all situations.

Sutter will return after the jets game next week, but it will be a challenge for them going forward.

It would give the management group a clear indication that they need to make moves to add more support to Bo and Brock in the future to ensure that they have depth going forward.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

The fear is that they make an upgrade-now trade to compensate for the loss, though.

Or that they now have their security blanket against the Big Cheese's rage. (That's ownership, not Bärtschi, to be clear).

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Yay we get to watch Gagner center Boeser and Goldobin now. There goes Boeser's ES points

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
That is odd. I was at the game and the injury looked to be the result of a un-penalized hit from behind.

horvat-hurt.gif

Regardless, a horrible result to be sure. We really don't have any other options for a 1st line C. Henrik looked like he was skating in glue playing a very mobile team in Carolina... what to do?

did he hurt it before he was hit? it look like his right ankle gave as he was skating in.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Bad news with the team playing well. When I heard MRI I was fearing ACL so at least it is better news than that.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
The Canucks are 3rd in the division and people are talking tank? Seems kind of weird to me.

3rd but expectations were generally low due to the roster being a mix of old stars (sedins), new vets who are support players/1 way players (gagner, vanek, etc), castoffs (burnistrov), or basically unproven players (boeser, virtanen, hutton, strcher, both goalies). Also until recently despite a .500+ record, we were the only team with a negative goal diff (out of the playoff teams).

Basically if you go off most analytics (or based on players), we have a better record than we should. Now you take out the best player = its more likely we fall out of the race vs staying in. Of course this provides an opportunity for others to step up and if we somehow do stay in the race with horvat out... then Benning probably has a legitimate reason to be buyers this year (tho he better not part with some of our recent picks or ncaa prospects...).

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
... and if we somehow do stay in the race with horvat out... then Benning probably has a legitimate reason to be buyers this year (tho he better not part with some of our recent picks or ncaa prospects...).

Ok, this I fail to understand.

How can a rebuilding team EVER have an excuse to be a buyer at the trade deadline?

The term "buyer" as it relates to the deadline generally is used to refer to a team trading for immediate help. When you trade you have to give up something, so a seller gives the immediate help and receives future value.

It's scary to see someone suggest that there could be a legitimate reason to give up futures for a better chance at the playoffs this season.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Canucks are 3rd in the division and people are talking tank? Seems kind of weird to me.

We're 0 pts up on "4th place" in the division, and only 2 pts up on "5th place" Ducks team that has been absolutely ravaged by injuries, but will eventually start to get top tier players back and healthy and easily make up ground from there.

NHL standings are as tight as they've ever been. With this level of parity, injuries one way or the other can very easily swing a team right in or out of the playoff picture.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Miss him dearly but yeah we need more good players like him so would not be heartbroken if this leads to more future tranactions insread of present. hope team stays relatively competitive.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Ok, this I fail to understand.

How can a rebuilding team EVER have an excuse to be a buyer at the trade deadline?

The term "buyer" as it relates to the deadline generally is used to refer to a team trading for immediate help. When you trade you have to give up something, so a seller gives the immediate help and receives future value.

It's scary to see someone suggest that there could be a legitimate reason to give up futures for a better chance at the playoffs this season.

If we are still in contention by Feb, without Horvat, do you really think management or even the media will still label us as a "rebuilding" team? The "rebuild" will quickly become another "retool". Its not the first time this has happened in a CND market and it wouldn't even be the last time. I'm not suggesting we do this but it gives them a legitimate excuse because fact would be we were contending without our best player. Remember the Leafs were also suppose to be rebuilding last year (start) but became buyers at the deadline.

You will likely see Linden selling something like we owe it to the Sedins to give it one last shot, the team stayed in contention without one of our best player, etc. At the end of the day, playoff revenue matters and if a team is close, they'll go for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->