Online Series: Bo Burnham: Inside (Netflix)

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I don't know, again, it was only by ear, but his tone could have really passed in both instances. I have no idea because I didn't actually see him or really know his sensibilities at all. So I could be off.
I think the part you are referring to is where he talked about suicide in one of his songs or bits and then after the bit he clarified that he's not actually suicidal and it's never really the answer to anything etc. So it wasn't a joke.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think the part you are referring to is where he talked about suicide in one of his songs or bits and then after the bit he clarified that he's not actually suicidal and it's never really the answer to anything etc. So it wasn't a joke.

Yeah, I think that was it. And looking back on my post yesterday...I may have been a bit harsh. I don't think it's willfully callous, but I think the whole 'Don't kill yourself because we'll hurt' is uh...misguided and losing the plot.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Watched it once immediately upon release and it didn't hit the mark for me. I think I was expecting more of a traditional "comedy" special. So that's on me.

I've since listened to the songs again after they dropped on Apple/Spotify and I like them a lot more. Look Who's Inside Again and Goodbye are absolutely unreal. I'll revisit the actual special again in not too long because I think it will hit differently now.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It's ~30 minutes too long. Some good stuff, some that just didn't seem funny at all and had me looking at the clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad