NHL Entry Draft: BNL's "Feng Shui" Supreme 1st R Mock

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
1 :sabres - Rasmus Dahlin
Lockbox.

2 :canes - Andrei Svechnikov
Part of me wonders if there are any traces of Semin left in Carolina that are causing Brind'Amour and co to panic here. Visions of slap fighting etc. But really......you could do worse then Semin anyway......and Svechnikov is his own beast. (ok parts of this were worded wrong)

3 :habs - Filip Zadina
I know a lot of folks wonder about Montreal trading down and getting that centre. Like this is their shot to finally get a center; as if saying "....maybe next year?" every single year for a decade is BS. To which I say; "....maybe next year?". Because you can't just let Ottawa get the BPA, can you? Plus you still got to get your shit in order anyway.....and there is no guarantee the center will pan out.

4 :sens - Jesperi Kotkaniemi
The Sens luck out bigtime as a sure fire center falls in their lap. This guy is guaranteed to pan out. Plus if there is one thing to distract from a circus of tragedy, infighting, and Melnyk it's a rock star centreman who is already playing in adult leagues.....maybe you can trick the media with him? OOOOH SHINY!!

5 :coyotes - Oliver Wahlstrom
Is it getting bolder in here or is it just me? Take Tkachuk for the regional ties? Take Dobson for BPA? Take Hughes for a long-term plan of drafting Jack too? I think Chayka has been GM long enough now that he has learned to outsmart himself....and nothing sells tickets like some sick mitts.

6 :wings - Evan Bouchard
Now all the cool kids would take Dobson, I know......and failing that Hughes for the local connek.....but Detroit may just have the draft cahones to go off boards and take the highest scoring defencman in the CHL.

7 :nucks - Noah Dobson
And....presto! Jim Benning has remade himself. Once, not long ago, this man, a fool and charleton, was swindling the Vancouver fans of their own self respect....yet now...he is a folk hero; a man of the people; Jim "every man" Benning. *slow clapping/stands/louder clapping*

8 :hawks - Quinton Hughes
A potent youth injection for the Hawks run'n'gun.

9 :rangers - Vitali Kravtsov
I just want someone to throw this wrench into the top 10. The Rangers need some defense but this enigmatic (Russian) sniper has terrific upside and the Rangers will have a terrific number of 1st rounders this year (3) to shore up the back end.

10 :edmonton - Ty Smith
Everytime, in every timeline, the simulation ends the same. The Oilers take Ty Smith over Adam Boqvist. Twitter erupts with controversy when McDavid forgets to shake Ty Smith's hand. Does McDavid hate Ty Smith?

11 :isles - Brady Tkachuk
Riding the slip n slide all the way to Tavares wing for the next decade.

12 :isles - Adam Boqvist
Another slider? This one is made with Swedish Meatballs. Delish. Seriously, though I feel like the Isles are going to be downing sliders like (insert hilarious reference).

13 :stars - Bode Wilde
As far as I'm concerned this guy is already from Texas.

14 :flyers - Ryan Merkley
So I'ver heard/read the media saying the only way Merkley goes is by a team with multiple picks taking him with their last pick in the 1st round. Ok....how about the opposite?

15 :panthers - Barrett Hayton
There is a lot to like about the safeness and he could be a key cog anywhere. Seems like a good fit considering the Panthers are now in that sweet spot where they hate both traditional and modern hockey "analysis".

16 :avs - Martin Kaut
With Jost and Rantanen looking good I have to think the Avs are preparing to knock this one out of the park. A lot of people like Kaut. I've heard the heart issue is not as debilitating as Merkley's (sick burn).

17 :devils - Joe Veleno
Along with Hall and Hischier another speedster might be the final ingredient to Shero's weird masterpiece. You might suggest they need defencemen to which I'd suggest....but clearly they don't. (sick burn?)

18 :cbj - Rasmus Kupari
Will they finally let Jarmo draft a Finn? (*thinks about doing some research. doesn't*). This lines up well for Jarmo to justify taking his countryman. A feat never before accomplished by him or any other Finnish general manager in the NHL. I bet he's sneaky good too (*again. does no research*).

19 :flyers - Ty Dellandrea
The reason you can take Merkley early is because you know your boy Ty will wait for you. The darling of HFBoards. What a great guy.

20 :kings - Dominik Bokk
Clearly I just like Bokk and Dellandrea. So what? What do you want from me? Maybe since Sprong hasn't panned out yet some teams will be weary but (*decides to google something. finds out Bokk is German not Swiss*) ..Wait! He's German? Then shut the f*** up already!!

21 :sharks - Joel Farabee
I flat out forgot about Farabee.

22 :sens - Rasmus Sandin
Should be a great compliment to the fact that the whole team is in shambles.

23 :ducks - Akil Thomas
One of those guys that may end up a real good player but still not enough of a reason to take him earlyish. Not that he needs to go 23.

24 :wild - Isac Lundestrom
Ok...who is this guy?

25 :leafs - Jet Woo
The jets don't have a pick but still I think the Leafs is the best option here. Send him to the centre of the hockey universe. If I have to hear some guys name every day for the next 5-7 years it might as well be Jet Woos.

26 :rangers - Alexander Alexeyev
Another enigmatic (Russian) player for the Rangers. But this one has been playing in Red Deer for a while now so some of his qwirky riddles have been solved. Like; "is he or isn't he his teams best defender?".

27 :hawks - Liam Foudy
Speedy. In addition to Hughes this would round out a nice pair for the 1st round. I'm impressed, Stan.

28 :rangers - K'Andre Miller
Another defenceman for the Rangers. You wanted to shore up the defense? Tada! Consider the back end shorn.

29 :blues - Grigori Denisenko
By my guess, if the Blues want skill he is the best avail. His name just happens to rhyme with Tarasenko....no really.

30 :wings - Nils Lundqvist
Maybe the days where the Red Wings make everyone look foolish at the draft are long gone.......but I like to think not. "His skating might actually be too smooth." other teams.

31 :caps - Mattias Samuelsson
Locked in a logical paradox they are forced into taking the Swedish Brooks Orpik.

Last edited:

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Yup. Pretty interesting to see Montreal take Kotkaniemi at #3 but not as outrageous as it would have been a month ago!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad