Blurrrred Lines ........

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Blurrrred Lines ..........
Over the years , there have been great line combinations in the NHL like the production line , the French connection , the triple crown line , the legion of doom and many others .
In Leaf land , we also have had some incredible lines and line duos like The Kid Line ( Connacher , Primeau , Busher Jackson ) , how about the hound line with Clark , Courtnall , Leeman , how about Thompson, Sittler , McDonald and some very effective checking lines like Berg , Zezel , Osborne , we now have Marner and Tavares and possibly Mathews and Nylander ??? .......
Which line combinations and or line Duos do you think have been great or very effective , or straight out bad with no chemistry what so ever ( Sundin, Hoglund lol )
I’ve left off many of my favorites so you can come up with your own .
Also if you would like , some of your favorites from other teams ?
Any thoughts
Go Leafs Go !.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JustAShadow

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The teams were terrible but Dan Daoust and Rick Vaive had some decent chemistry between themselves for a couple of seasons. There was the Hound line of Leeman, Courtnall and Clark. Not forwards but Kaberle setting up McCabe's one timers was pretty memorable. Sundin and Steve Thomas was one of the few good combinations for Sundin. He was also good with Mogilny although Mogilny when healthy was good with anyone.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
The teams were terrible but Dan Daoust and Rick Vaive had some decent chemistry between themselves for a couple of seasons. There was the Hound line of Leeman, Courtnall and Clark. Not forwards but Kaberle setting up McCabe's one timers was pretty memorable. Sundin and Steve Thomas was one of the few good combinations for Sundin. He was also good with Mogilny although Mogilny when healthy was good with anyone.
Good ones , I forgot about Danny Daoust , he was such a great spark for a couple of years for sure .

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Who didn't I play with.

Todd Gill, Brian Curran, Luke Richardson, Darren Veitch, Ricky Lanz even a shift or 2 with Borje as I recall.
Too funny brotha , I’m sure the King was thrilled about that lol
One good thing about that , you were probably faster and more offensive than Veitch , and Curran and more effective than Lanz lol
F .... I hated Lanz

Reactions: Marshy

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I'm so surprised that no one yet has mentioned Gilmour and Andreychuk, that was the team that got us closest to the finals since 67 (and if not for biased reffing, we were in the finals). Another great back in the day is Wilf Paiement (97 points in 77 games) with Sittler.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm so surprised that no one yet has mentioned Gilmour and Andreychuk, that was the team that got us closest to the finals since 67 (and if not for biased reffing, we were in the finals). Another great back in the day is Wilf Paiement (97 points in 77 games) with Sittler.

Gilmour and Andreychuk - probably hasn't been mentioned because that's just two guys? I mean yeah they had Boreshevsky I think but still ... and they weren't together that long either. Same thing with Paiement and Sittler, the line that comes to mind with Sittler is him with Errol Thompson and you know, the guy they traded for Paiement (and Hickey). Same deal there, Thompson wasn't as good as the other guys but he did put up a lot of points for a bit. Three guys together that are all good, work together well and stay together for a while just isn't that common any more. Sundin with Mogilny and Roberts was good while it lasted, maybe Tavares with Marner and Hyman will be a thing for a few years. Hyman's a big notch below the other guys gut fits pretty well all the same IMO.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I had some favourite Leaf lines over the past.

1970's of Errol Thompson – LW / Darryl Sittler – C / Lanny McDonald – RW

default.jpg

This was the Leafs line when Darryl Sittler scored his NHL record 10 point night in 1976, one of my favourite Leaf memories of all time.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019

default.jpg

This was the Leafs line when Darryl Sittler scored his NHL record 10 point night in 1976, one of my favourite Leaf memories of all time.
Possibly my favourite as well
Wow Sitt. was great , man could we use him right now !!!!
Side bar
Best centres ever
Teeder , Keon , Sittler , Sundin , Gilmour

Last edited:

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002

default.jpg

best leaf line I have seen... cherry used to tape his tv show in hamilton...when talking about this line he said "couldn't stop them so you tried to limit the damage to have a chance to win" .....

ballard in his wisdom figured we weren't tough enough so he traded thompson and a ton of futures to detroit for danny snowshoes maloney ...

Toronto Maple Leafs acquireDateDetroit Red Wings acquire
Toronto_Maple_Leafs.gif
Dan Maloney
1980 2nd round pick (#25-Craig Muni)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
March 13, 1978
1978 2nd round pick (#31-Al Jensen)
1978 1st round pick (#12-Brent Peterson)
Errol Thompson
1980 1st round pick (#11-Mike Blaisdell)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

man, sometimes i forget just how bad the ballard years were ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad