Blueshirt Underground Radio Monday 6/19/17 7PM w/Special guest Neil Smith

UlfSamuelsson

Save By Lundqvist!
Apr 28, 2013
New York, NY
Will be tuning in. Awesome guest. You guys rock, have been listening forever.
Congrats on the upcoming 8 years. Hands down the best Rangers podcast out there.
Recently moved away from the NY area, and not that the major media outlets covered NYR anyway,
but you two do an awesome job and I'm very happy you aren't affiliated with the team.
Long Live The Underground!

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
Monday 6/19/17 at 7 PM Former Ranger GM Neil Smith will be joining us and I hope you HF peeps can catch it live or on the podcast. I will not be asking any questions about 1994 but will be asking him why he traded Corey Hirsch for Nathan Lafayette.

Hope to see you there !

Blueshirt Underground Radio

Congrats Mouth, that is a great get on the guest.

One request, can you ask him to walk you through the build up of the Zubov and Nedved for Ulf Samuelsson and Luc Robitaille trade. Was Nedved pushed out by Messier? In my opinion, that trade was the first step towards the dark ages for the Rangers. More so the mentality behind it.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I hope you don't spend too much time on '94. We all know it was great and all but I want his take on today's Ranger team.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Congrats Mouth, that is a great get on the guest.

One request, can you ask him to walk you through the build up of the Zubov and Nedved for Ulf Samuelsson and Luc Robitaille trade. Was Nedved pushed out by Messier? In my opinion, that trade was the first step towards the dark ages for the Rangers. More so the mentality behind it.

Sure I will ask him.

The Mouth

May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Will be tuning in. Awesome guest. You guys rock, have been listening forever.
Congrats on the upcoming 8 years. Hands down the best Rangers podcast out there.
Recently moved away from the NY area, and not that the major media outlets covered NYR anyway,
but you two do an awesome job and I'm very happy you aren't affiliated with the team.
Long Live The Underground!

thanks Ulfie !

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'd like to know what the heck happened with Brendl. He was sold as the next Mike Bossy.

Can I listen to a rebroadcast tomorrow?

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Ask him if he's been offered any GM position lately. His take on JD moving from broadcast into management and what was the biggest name he turned down in a trade.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I would ask him why their drafts were so poor from 92-on & if he regrets not keeping Messier after the '97 playoffs.

Plus I would ask him about the awful trade at the '96 deadline & if there were other trades on the table at the time.

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
Eddie/Jim: this is a tough question to phrase without being offensive. We know his tail end of his time with the Rangers led to his firing. For someone who was able to win a cup with a franchise for the first time in 54 years and the only one since (the game has changed), how many opportunities has he had to get another job?

If you guys have time I would love to know some insights on
a) Eric Lindros Quebec trade that almost happened
b) Joe Sakic offer sheet and how close?

(Pat Hickey!!)

The Mouth

May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
I will try to ask all these questions all of which are great !

Bump for time of show and yes Nick Fotiu you can listen tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad