GDT: Blues @ Yotes @ Blues @ Yotes @ Blues @ Yotes @ Blues @ Yotes @ Blues @ Yotes @ Blues @ Yotes @ Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
I'm totally aware that Colorado has a chance to win it all. That doesn't mean they're a good matchup against a HEALTHY Blues team.
They are still better than a healthy Blues.

Someone mentioned Garland. He's good against the Blues. Nothing special against good teams. Dude had 39 pts last season and Blues make him look like some star player.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I can’t get over how many times the refs have left me feeling nauseous after a game. It blows my mind that these guys get a position that an insane amount of people are more qualified for and would absolutely love having.

These guys make the game look bad. Plain and simple.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I rewatched last couple Krug shifts and didn’t really see anything where he got hit. Did seem to flex wrist at one point though. I wonder if was something already bothering him as he hasn’t been great last couple games.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

Someone mentioned Garland. He's good against the Blues. Nothing special against good teams. Dude had 39 pts last season and Blues make him look like some star player.
I disagree. We are Colorado's Arizona, so to speak. Garland is a good player, and the Blues are a good team. Neither Colorado nor Arizona gets treated with kid gloves in the playoffs, and that evens out a lot of what we saw in this series (the other bit being TONS of STL injuries to very key players).

I agree that Colorado is MUCH better than the Blues, offensively, but I would still take a healthy Blues' defense and goaltending over theirs. The differential isn't enough for me to pick one over the other in a series, but we will be Colorado's toughest matchup throughout the playoffs, at least until they reach TBL.

Edit: I think Alex Pietrangelo likely makes a negative difference to both STL and VGK's chances of winning against COL this year: we could really use him, and the cost to VGK to get him was too high/will make it easier for COL to beat us and eventually take out a ripe VGK.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
What to take away from this? We're not good enough to win games against a borderline playoff team down 4/9ths (5/9ths if you want to put Blais in there) of our top-9 including practically our entire 2nd line, our #1 defenseman playing at perhaps 60%, a defensively-oriented player who might be our #4 and then our offensively-oriented #3 late in the game. We don't have the depth in the system to plug much of that. This is where Perunovich going down for the season hurts, because he likely gets lobbed in now.

There will be hot takes about this team and how it's doomed, throw in the towel, etc. They will be wrong - or, they will be far too premature. There's little anyone can do with judging this team other than to say "we're going to struggle with so many key pieces out and hobbled." We need to get healthy and get some key guys back. Complaining about officiating ignores all of that. Officiating is going to suck, we all know it. Get yourself into position so that it doesn't matter. We were already coming into the season with a thin margin for error; we've used all of it up and cut into the quick quite a ways. The guys here are going to have to dig deep and overachieve for a while until guys heal up and help arrives.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Missed the last 2 minutes...had a ZOOM meeting.

Anyhow, it looks like it was a tight game all around and that one shitty shift by the Junkman was costly. Not sure if that one is also on Binny.

I'm a Sanford fan, but he has too many highs and lows and isn't consistent enough.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I can’t get over how many times the refs have left me feeling nauseous after a game. It blows my mind that these guys get a position that an insane amount of people are more qualified for and would absolutely love having.

If the Blues hadn’t frittered away a 5 on 3, I’d feel like the refs deserved more credit.

Reactions: joe galiba

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Watch this clip again.

After Faulk misplay/whiffle puck up. He doesnt recognize his man. He jùst keep puck watching. After Keller try to shoot he's late from party.

Btw observe how Faulk play defensively in 3rd period and future. He has really bad habit to puck watch and not sees his man who he should take. That isnt his fault. He just doesnt have vision to see surroundings around him. Than it's this awkward reaching with small torso and bad defensive stick or play overly aggressive at corners and left front of net open.

Watch this clip.

I see Faulk having a good stick and breaking up the play. You do that when you trust the forwards back checking to pick up the puck but if you watch, Sanford half asses it then reaches then stands there and watches. Sanford showed no signs of life at all and he should have been benched after that shit.

You're blaming Faulk for shit another player did just like you did to Clifford the other day when it was Barbashev that f***ed up.

Mar 6, 2012
Well, at least of all games... this was a good one to half pay attention to on in mute in the background.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Well, at least of all games... this was a good one to half pay attention to on in mute in the background.
I started looking at my phone a minute into the third period and when I looked up there was 2 minutes left lol. This really was such a nothing game

Mar 6, 2012
Why do they have one of these stupid middle-of-the-workday games every year? It's always on some bankers holiday 99% of people don't get off.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I guess I will keep saying the same thing until it changes.. Krug has to make a difference offensively

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

Yea, that may be the case but Garland was on a 47 point pace in an 82 game season last year and he's a year older. He had 7 points in 8 games before facing off against the Blues. The guy is good regardless of how the Blues defended him or not

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
At 23 years old last year, Garland scored 39 points in 68 games in his first full season in the NHL. That's pretty f***ing good. He looks pretty damn good so far this year as well, and it's not just because he's playing the Blues.

Big shout out to @elkranio, thanks for your work on the OP of this thread. 10/10, would laugh again :)

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Garland is a star player. He'll be a ppg guy going forward. He's a legit talent and only 24. I wouldn't take anything away from him. I wish all of our players would work as hard as he does.

Reactions: Thallis

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

*Citation needed*

Reactions: Brian39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad