Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Wings *5pm (early game reminder)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I keep seeing people suggest that he's injured.
If he was hurt, he wouldn't play 6 minutes, he'd sit out. Am I wrong on that?
Agreed.

It seems like he wouldn't play at all. I'm guessing people are looking for some semi-rational explanation for why Blashill would only play him for 6 or 7 minutes a game when he looks good. Other than stupidity by the coach.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Agreed.

It seems like he wouldn't play at all. I'm guessing people are looking for some semi-rational explanation for why Blashill would only play him for 6 or 7 minutes a game when he looks good. Other than stupidity by the coach.

Wasn't there talk that he was still experiencing some soreness in his knee? I could see it being sore, but not "injured."

Reactions: avssuc

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
im sorry but i love our boys in red and white as much as anyone but if these guys dont land AF and Byfield this year, the pain will continue.
My gawd we need more scoring and secondary. We might be the easiest team to plan against.

I also will never understand why they arent just loading up Svech and Hirose with AA for 10 days and see what they have with both. I also might be in the minority but i really think AA is a winger and just not a centerman.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Wasn't there talk that he was still experiencing some soreness in his knee? I could see it being sore, but not "injured."
It could be. But then why play him?

The Wings are on a 7 game (now 8 game) losing streak. As good as Svech looks for a few shifts the last thing they need is a player who may not be able to finish the game due to soreness.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

The Wings are on a 7 game (now 8 game) losing streak. As good as Svech looks for a few shifts the last thing they need is a player who may not be able to finish the game due to soreness.

So wait... we should or shouldn't be playing him? I'm confused.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

It might be something he has to play through for it to get better. So, they have to walk that line of playing him versus over-extending him. There's also the chance that some of it is mental; he seriously injured that knee and didn't play for a year. It might just take time.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
So wait... we should or shouldn't be playing him? I'm confused.
If he's healthy then he should be playing more than 6 minutes a night.

If his knee is sore to the point that it limits him to only 6 minutes a night, he shouldn't be playing.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Still. If his knee was too sore to take a regular shift, you'd sit him out and rest him.

This just seems like "Blashill defense" talk more than anything very reasonable.

He's playing limited minutes ... and unlike his linemates, getting zero special teams play. That's the reason.

My beef here is that he should be playing the powerplay... ahead of Givani Smith.
No offense to Smith. But I don't see how he hops up to the NHL and skips past Svech for a PP role Svech has every ability to fulfill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad