Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Wings *5pm (early game reminder)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
All things considered, this was a great game. They were the better team, Larkin had his best game of the season imo and dominated the Blues the last two periods. Hopefully they can carry over the momentum against Edmonton. I'm totally fine with losing these types of games.

This still doesn't excuse Bernier though. Unacceptable.
Larkin was invisible for two periods. If showing up for one period is your best showing of the year, you got problems

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Glad to see this team didn't quit and mounted some semblance of a comeback.

They don't have a lot of talent which is why they can't afford to launch the puck into the stands when they have time to make a play (Green, Daley) or take stupid penalties like Too Many Men. It'd also be nice if the goalie didn't chase a player all the way to the Zamboni gate.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Would of rather just lost in regulation

I think this game was important for the skaters. f*** Bernier, but for the skaters this was big. They got caved in for the first period and got down early. To have the heart to come back and effectively win this game until Bernier coughed up the lead and the tie in roughly 5 minutes was a major step that we haven’t seen lately.

Seeing the puck find the back of the net tonight was important.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I think Hronek is going to be a top 2 D in his prime. The kid gets better and better. He'll hit 40 points this year I think.

Between him, Seider (who I'm expecting to be a #1), Cholo, and a soliid top 4 FA pickup, we should be pretty good on D for the future. Gunning for a guy like Josi would also go a long way.

Our pick in this upcoming draft will really play a big role in determining whether we become competitive quickly or continue to falter. We need one or two more elite forwards to be a really competitive group.

Reactions: The Wizard of Oz

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Covering an empty net? Bernie completely vacated the net, then dove right into Helm.

That sequence is entirely on Bernie . He should have held the post, not chase the man around the side of the net.
I only caught Helm going down. Then saw the replay.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Does Bernier's play mean Howard is not a trade target for the umpteenth time at the deadline? Or is Howard's equally shitty play the reason he won't be traded?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
AA last man over the boards on that Too Many Men.
When the coach starts playing line blender, especially with a guy that gets double shifted a lot, it tends to cause confusion. The lines need more consistency.

Keep in mind the Blues took one too, and they're a much more stable team that just won a Cup last season.

Reactions: golffuul

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
When the coach starts playing line blender, especially with a guy that gets double shifted a lot, it tends to cause confusion. The lines need more consistency.

Keep in mind the Blues took one too, and they're a much more stable team that just won a Cup last season.

Agreed.

I wasn't so much blaming AA alone, just making note of it. Flip and AA were the last two over the boards so clearly there's some confusion there.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Also frustrating that two of the penalties were flipping the puck out of play and one of them (the one that tied the game) was too many men.

Very preventable penalties. I get the kill is struggling, but the best way to avoid killing penalties is to not take penalties... especially obvious and self inflicted ones

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Does Bernier's play mean Howard is not a trade target for the umpteenth time at the deadline? Or is Howard's equally ****ty play the reason he won't be traded?
I can’t imagine a playoff team that sees Howard as such a significant upgrade to make a trade for him. Maybe he goes for a measley return as insurance in a backup role but then what’s the point. This team needs extra first rounders badly

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
all four of the regulation goals we gave up were on the PK right? well the second one was just after the PK expired

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I can’t imagine a playoff team that sees Howard as such a significant upgrade to make a trade for him. Maybe he goes for a measley return as insurance in a backup role but then what’s the point. This team needs extra first rounders badly
Howard is a dissent goalie ,but if we have opportunity to get 3rd rounder we should get it

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Well at least this one was entertaining. Larkin looked like he was on a mission, so that was promising. AA will get one soon enough, he is skating well. Svech needs to be here all year.

Side note, Ryan O'Reilly is very good at hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->