Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Wild 2PM CST on NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't know about you guys, but I hate the Wild. Like the city of Minneapolis, cool with the Vikings, cool with the Twins, decent people.

But I cannot f***ing stand the Wild. Awful team name, stupid Christmas jerseys, they're boring, they introduced Mike Yeo as a coach, they got stupid hype when they signed Suter and Parise, they've got an awful team name, Charlie Coyle plays well but only against us, they embarrassed us in the playoffs, they've got an awful team name and they've beaten us twice this year.....

*takes a breath*

They've got an annoying coach, they took away Oilers Dubnyk and replaced him with a guy who doesn't just roll over for the Blues, they're a mediocre team that I thought was going to miss the playoffs but now that Koivu is out, I can't really take credit for thinking that because they've got a built in excuse, and finally they've got an awful team name.

Other than that, they're fine because at least they aren't San Jose or Chicago.

Let's go kick their collective boring, whiny coached, terribly named ass.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don't know about you guys, but I hate the Wild. Like the city of Minnesota, cool with the Vikings, cool with the Twins, decent people.
Is there a CITY called "Minnesota"??? Or did you mean Minneapolis or Minneapolis/St. Paul? Personally, I prefer The Iron Range towns. Anywhooo, Go Blues! Get your 10th in a row, and move one step closer to passing The Preds! Hooray! Another really early game! No all-nighter for me! After 2 of those in a row, Ranksu should have had enough sleep to correctly spell whatever word "pussdiesd" was supposed to be! :naughty:

INTERMISSION

And now for the serious portion of the programme:

I guess Maroon won't be rested because he played fairly well yesterday. I'm guessing that Steen will remain home and both Sanford (or did he make a legal change to "Stanford"?) and Fabbri will play again. Berube tried to make it seem that he might choose to start "shutout artist", Allen again today. But, my gut tells me that Binnington will get the nod.

The Blues need to avoid letting down (being a little "too relaxed"). It's tough not be affected by the headlines and all the recent success. They need to keep working hard, but avoid being nervous about potentially losing their win streak. I hope they can work hard at playing their "new style" (fundamentally correct" of play, without pressing, just playing instinctively and enjoying being able to earn their living playing a boy's game).

With their games in hand, they are already in sight of their next rung on the ladder, The Preds' 2nd place spot. Keep winning, and they'll get there soon. More importantly, this next week before the trade deadline is important for the team and both its key players, and its support players to play well, to avoid spending future player assets on temporary help that won't help enough to make a major difference, and could potentially undermine team chemistry.

I think The Blues will continue to play well today, but it might be the closest game in a while. But, I hope they'll prevail, and win their 10th in a row. Winning regularly is a great feeling, and after 51 years, we deserve it! :cool:

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Is there a CITY called "Minnesota"??? Or did you mean Minneapolis or Minneapolis/St. Paul? Personally, I prefer The Iron Range towns. Anywhooo, Go Blues! Get your 10th in a row, and move one step closer to passing The Preds! Hooray! Another really early game! No all-nighter for me! After 2 of those in a row, Ranksu should have had enough sleep to correctly spell whatever word "pussdiesd" was supposed to be! :naughty:

I 100% meant Minneapolis :laugh:

Reactions: Bendak

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
This feels like a game we may lose.

Had to fly from Denver to Minneapolis after playing last night. Minnesota didn't play yesterday.

But we'll see. This is a different team and the Wild are struggling.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Using TheDizee Theorem on How to Make Blues Hockey Great Again.

Here’s how we win game #10... Any questions?

pj-triangle.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Remember the "don't sit the goalie after a shutout rule"? And, in yesterday's postgame interview, Berube said he'll decide today at gametime. But, I think (and hope) he'll go with Binnington. It should be a close game. We'll need every edge (even slight ones).
Binnington shut out the Coyotes so that doesn’t mean anything. He’ll start today.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Remember the "don't sit the goalie after a shutout rule"? And, in yesterday's postgame interview, Berube said he'll decide today at gametime. But, I think (and hope) he'll go with Binnington. It should be a close game. We'll need every edge (even slight ones).

Binnington also coming off a shutout. Nice to have options. Binnington has obviously been great but Allen has had two very solid starts in a row too

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Forwards
Schenn - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Bozak - Fabbri
Sanford - Sundqvist - Maroon
MacEachern - Barbashev - Thomas
Defense
Edmundson - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo
Goalie
Binnington

Same lineup as yesterday with Binnington in goal.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Uodate from wc

My hands are shsking tuhat badly itse hard to writr on phone.

I hope I Cam survive and watch the game. 40min

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Oh god, do I really have to wait for the dumb Penguins-Rangers game to end?

Guess I’ll stream the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->