GDT: Blues VS Red Wings l 11/28/18 l 7 PM EST

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Why did we got Vanek , to play him in 4th line? Switch him Aby . Both Mantha and Vanek are highly intelligent players should be playing together .

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Gator and his seven points on the top line. Buhhh buhh his intangibles.
Michigan boy. Drafted by wings. Had one 20 goal season playing next to Z and Dats... what's not to love?! #signandretire #lifetimedeals #hometownDISScount #idontlookovermyshoulder #thereisnohockeystore #rebuildonthefly #tiesgotovets #kickingtires #mansleague

Reactions: Sentinel

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I may be wrong but I believe the thought process here is that Larkin and Mantha take care of the skill side while Abby bangs in the corner and creates space. Would be a genius move if it was working properly.
The problem, from most of our perspectives, with that is we have a more skilled, high energy player who is great with their board work sitting on the third line.

I know Larkin whole heartedly loves an energy guy on his line like helm, he truly loves helm being on his line. Him saying that wasn't "captain speak", he means it.

Some fans don't understand that players have roles and that other players and coaches love when they can trust a guy to do what is told of them.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
The problem, from most of our perspectives, with that is we have a more skilled, high energy player who is great with their board work sitting on the third line.

I know Larkin whole heartedly loves an energy guy on his line like helm, he truly loves helm being on his line. Him saying that wasn't "captain speak", he means it.

Some fans don't understand that players have roles and that other players and coaches love when they can trust a guy to do what is told of them.

I agree with this.
It wouldn't surprise me to see these lines changed up mid game if they start losing again.
Although I think the more logical switch is Abby with Vanek apposed to Bert.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I may be wrong but I believe the thought process here is that Larkin and Mantha take care of the skill side while Abby bangs in the corner and creates space. Would be a genius move if it was working properly.

Larkin is the one creating space. Put Gus on that line and enjoy imo.

Also, NBC is doing a feature on Larks tonight at 7. Looking forward to it.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
I agree with this.
It wouldn't surprise me to see these lines changed up mid game if they start losing again.
Although I think the more logical switch is Abby with Vanek apposed to Bert.

Why wait to mid game? Lost three in a row, it's broke, fix it now or at least try to. No sense bagging your head on the end-boards.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Please tell me it's someone other then Emerick on the call tonight
I don't know for sure, but Doc is usually in the first broadcast IIRC. The Pens play the Avs directly after, so maybe he's doing that game instead.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Thought Abdekader has been playing fine as of late. Not sure why people are complaining. He’ll be there for a few games and then someone else will rotate back in.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Thought Abdekader has been playing fine as of late. Not sure why people are complaining. He’ll be there for a few games and then someone else will rotate back in.
"Complaining" because we are stuck with him. He has one of the worst contracts in the entire NHL.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Larkin is the one creating space.
100%
Calm down. It’s not even the worst contract on the team.
Yeah that's kinda sad though.

Only worse one I can think of is Dekeyser anyway. Abby is definitely near the top of worst team contracts. And the fact that so many analysts called it out at the time of the signing showed that it's not just hindsight and it's not just us. Very few people were fans of the contract.

Let's hope Jimmy posts a 100 save shutout and gets us STL's 1st rounder and Parayko. They definitely gonna miss the playoffs so we get another lottery pick. LET'S GOOOOO.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle

Because everyone's doing it. It's the cool thing to do right now. Don't you wanna be cool too?

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
DK, GATOR,HELM,NIELSEN take your pick.

i wouldn't put nielsen in that category. He is clearly two steps better as a player than the rest and except for the first few games, in which he was brutal, he has been a good player

his contract clearly is bad though, i'm not denying that

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Is it confirmed that it's Allen and Howard in net? Should be an interesting watch, given all the trade rumors...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad