Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Leafs-6 pm| Winner Gets Pietrangelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Another game that The Blues just didn't have "it". They did play better in The 2nd and 3rd, but didn't get the bounces. But, it's tough to come back from being 3 and 4 down. They'll get some rest now, and maybe they'll start a new winning streak against Buffalo.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Not a great game to be at.

Toronto beat the Blues strong side pressure early and often and generally had their way through the neutral zone. Leafs struggled with the Blues forecheck at the odd time when the Blues were able to get it going, but the Blues were never able to get much sustained along those lines with all the puck management errors.

Sanford and Perron were particularly terrible in that regard, especially in the first period. I thought Sanford was straight up benched and only found out later that he was injured.

Whatever else you want to say about Thomas' game, when his passing is on point, it's probably the best on the team. It was on point tonight. He made at least a half-dozen "wow" passes, and was generally very effective at moving the puck in all three zones.

It's feels weird saying this, but I thought a closer score would have been more representative of how that game went outside the nets. Toronto made plenty of pretty bad mistakes themselves that led to a good number of great Blues scoring chances. Andersen had a very strong game, though, and the Blues helped him out a few times as well.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Do you think if I put on full hockey gear and just loitered outside Enterprise Center for a few days I could get a PTO?

Reactions: TK 421

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Not Binner's strongest game. The first two goals were stoppable, particularly Matthew's first. But Toronto's defense was breached for many quality chances but whether it was poor ice, bad puck-luck or whatever, the pucks just weren't going the Blues way. If Schenn is able to get a stick on that set play off the boards from Perron in the first (or if Faulk buries one of his two early chances) the game might play out entirely different. Those games are bound to happen over an 82-game season, so I'm not particularly concerned about this becoming a trend.

When should we look forward to Kapanen or whomever Toronto is sending back for Pietrangelo?

Reactions: stlwahoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad