GDT: Blues vs. Kings| Running out of warm bodies|

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontYardSpecial

Jan 22, 2014
Blues are now 0-2 wearing those clown costumes...and have played as poorly as they're dressed in each contest. If the organization and league as a whole weren't so cash-strapped I'd have hoped somebody would have stepped in by now and said "we're not wearing these miscreations any more"; but as it is those jerseys are a necessary evil and an appropriate symbol of the times we live in today. We'll all look back on this dark time in a few years and just shake our heads and hope to forget any of it happened.

According to the schedule below, Feb 22 vs Los Angeles was the last time the Blues will wear the reverse retro jersey this season:phew:

5 Looks for Blues in 2020-21

...and hopefully we never see them again.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Passengers need to depart this station. It’s screwing up the folks who are playing their heart out. Injuries are showing this team has resolve but we got a few guys who aren’t bought in. Send the message already.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
According to the schedule below, Feb 22 vs Los Angeles was the last time the Blues will wear the reverse retro jersey this season:phew:

5 Looks for Blues in 2020-21

...and hopefully we never see them again.
The league required each team to wear the RR "multiple times" this season. I'm very hopeful that we set 2 dates to comply with that mandate, realized these jerseys are awful and then never use/mention/promote them ever again. I like some of the hats that came out of this series and I like Binner's pads/mask. But those will fit well with our normal clown retros that we plan to wear a couple times late in the season.

Reactions: mk80 and mike1320

Mar 6, 2012
These jerseys really are that bad. They are absolutely atrocious. A total embarrassment.

Just a cringy nightmare. Even throwing out the fact that they are bright red on a team who doesn't wear red, they look objectively terrible. The bright red, yellow and blue (all three primary colors, really?) makes the players look like dopey Ronald McDonald clown hockey players.

It's absolutely terrible. Make these go away forever and NEVER COME BACK.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
What a bad, bad night for the Blues to be available in my area. I turned that game on and saw the red jerseys and almost turned it off. Mind you, I never liked the "unreverse" version of those jerseys, mostly because of the red, so making them mostly red just makes it worse.

Sadly, there is no rule that reverse retro jerseys have to be ugly or clownish. The Canadiens, Flyers, and Canucks all look pretty good (the ones I have seen this year). I see Carolina uses a reverse version of the Whalers old sweaters, and Avalanche use the Nordiques. Again, not bad. Some of the others are fine or could pass for regular jerseys, from what I can tell.

But then there were these. The Coyotes version did not exactly give me a warm, fuzzy, either. More like WTF are those?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
yh1ypiwasmz51.jpg

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Speaking of jerseys we don't like, are the Blues supposed to wear those baby blue jerseys EVERY Saturday home game?

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I’m really curious how much of a say the Blues has in this vs adidas/nhl. I’m sure it was based on projected sales of the jersey and I can only assume that they went this route because bringing back the original road 90s one last season was a success.

The white version of the baby blue jersey is such a great looking jersey! Or both of the ones with the shoulder stripes. I’ve never felt so uncomfortable watching the Blues play before just based on their jerseys

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm VERY partial towards the jerseys from the 80's to the point I dislike ALL other versions besides the Heritage baby blues that preceded them. Red on a Blues jersey? How bout you go f*** yourself.

Reactions: mike1320

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I’m really curious how much of a say the Blues has in this vs adidas/nhl. I’m sure it was based on projected sales of the jersey and I can only assume that they went this route because bringing back the original road 90s one last season was a success.

The white version of the baby blue jersey is such a great looking jersey! Or both of the ones with the shoulder stripes. I’ve never felt so uncomfortable watching the Blues play before just based on their jerseys

If they are going on projected sales of the red ones, we should all short sell them.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
The baby blue retro sweaters are 8 millions times nicer looking than the sad, pathetic sweaters they were wearing last night. This shouldn't even be up for debate.
I'm not sure these aren't better than the sweaters the Blues were forced, probably at gunpoint, to wear last night.

upload_2021-2-23_16-19-1.jpeg

Imagine a game with Vancouver wearing those and us in our "reds."

Our regular sweaters and uniforms in general now are about as good as they have ever been, IMO. The only Blues uniforms I hated were the ones that gave birth to last nights "reverse" retro, and I didn't think much of sweaters from 84 through 87 with the smaller logo and BLUES arched over it.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
We need to go back to the "St. Louis Blues" circle with the note in the center sweaters. Those came in at a legendary time. Ditch the clown jerseys, they come from an era of loaded up rosters and severe heartbreak and F-K KEENAN while I'm at it. Thank you.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
The league required each team to wear the RR "multiple times" this season. I'm very hopeful that we set 2 dates to comply with that mandate, realized these jerseys are awful and then never use/mention/promote them ever again. I like some of the hats that came out of this series and I like Binner's pads/mask. But those will fit well with our normal clown retros that we plan to wear a couple times late in the season.
Agreed, Binner's mask + pads to go with the reds are fantastic...the rest I could do without.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
We are missing half our top players. Of course we look rough. How many teams would look great if the lost equivalent of Tarasenko, Schwartz, Thomas, Parayko, Bozak, and Barbie?
It's like you're agreeing with me and @Stealth JD and want to disagree for the sake of it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It's like you're agreeing with me and @Stealth JD and want to disagree for the sake of it.
Maybe I shouldn't have posted while intoxicated! There were folks in the thread ripping on team and I was responding to that sentiment. But reading it again, I agree with you and apologize for being unnecessarily belligerent. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->