Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
cut.jpg

When: Monday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. CT
Where: Enterprise Center
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App

:blues
Projected lineups (updated from JRs tweet below)
Kyrou-O’Reilly-Perron
Blais-Schenn-Hoffman
Sanford-Sundqvist-Poganski
Clifford-de la Rose-MacEachern

Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Dunn
Gunnarsson-Bortuzzo

Binnington

VS.
:kings

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Vilardi-Carter
Wagner-Amadio-Athanasiou
Grundstrom-Lizotte-Moore

Anderson-Doughty
Bjornfoot-Roy
Maata-Strand

Quick

The bottom 6 gets more and more 2012 Blues-ier with each injury

Last edited:
Reactions: mike1320

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
schwartz-thomas-vlad
barbs-bozak-blais

that is what we are missing
it is almost funny
almost
What’s really crazy is that even with all those important players out...our lineup doesn’t look THAT bad. We can still squeak out some Ws in our weak division if we play a good team game and get quality goaltending.

Here’s hoping the guys still standing can keep banking some points till the reinforcements arrive!

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Three top-6'ers out...three bottom-6'ers out. The Kings should be licking their chops for a chance to play a team with equal depth.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
If you told me guys will be healthy by the end of the regular season, I’d just grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the drama of fighting through all these injuries. I also think Tarasenko is closer than they’re letting on if he’s traveling with the team.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
If you told me guys will be healthy by the end of the regular season, I’d just grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the drama of fighting through all these injuries. I also think Tarasenko is closer than they’re letting on if he’s traveling with the team.

the game Saturday was very entertaining once we started playing
if those are our bad games I would take it

I thought the same thing about Tarasenko, would be real nice to see

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
schwartz-thomas-vlad
barbs-bozak-blais

that is what we are missing
it is almost funny
almost

yeesh, sure Vlad was before the year started but still that is a painful list. The good news for you Blue's fans is given the division the team can walk into the playoffs and then hopefully get some of these guys back.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What’s really crazy is that even with all those important players out...our lineup doesn’t look THAT bad. We can still squeak out some Ws in our weak division if we play a good team game and get quality goaltending.

Here’s hoping the guys still standing can keep banking some points till the reinforcements arrive!
Yeah I agree. The lineup we are rolling tonight is still very respectable. Not many teams could say that if they were missing players like Tarasenko, Thomas, Schwartz, Parayko, Bozak and Barbashev.

But it’s good to have Blais back, and hopefully Schwartz and Bozak won’t be too far behind!

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Bold prediction: Poganski gets his 1st NHL goal tonight.
That would be great. He was responsible for at least one of the goals against last game, and Pang even called him out on it. Its tough, I'm sure, being thrown into the line-up willy nilly, but its the opportunity he's been working his entire career for. Would be awesome for him to bounce back and have a highlight moment.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
yeesh, sure Vlad was before the year started but still that is a painful list. The good news for you Blue's fans is given the division the team can walk into the playoffs and then hopefully get some of these guys back.
That's just the forwards. Our 1D is also out in Parayko. But given the circumstances of getting hockey in the midst of a pandemic, I'm just enjoying the ride.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That's just the forwards. Our 1D is also out in Parayko. But given the circumstances of getting hockey in the midst of a pandemic, I'm just enjoying the ride.

I like your mindset. I still get overly excited for every kings game because of the almost year break

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I like your mindset. I still get overly excited for every kings game because of the almost year break
To be honest, I've felt this way since the Blues won the Cup. I still want them to win, and I hope for more post-season success. But the bad calls, the injuries, the regular season ups and downs...they just don't get under my skin any more. If the game is a turd, I can just adjust my focus a few feet to the right where my framed picture of each player hoisting the Cup the night after Game 7 resides.

I think the Blues have a good chance of making the playoffs despite the injuries, although its not the given that some people are making it out to be. But I'm just thrilled to have games to enjoy.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
To be honest, I've felt this way since the Blues won the Cup. I still want them to win, and I hope for more post-season success. But the bad calls, the injuries, the regular season ups and downs...they just don't get under my skin any more. If the game is a turd, I can just adjust my focus a few feet to the right where my framed picture of each player hoisting the Cup the night after Game 7 resides.

I think the Blues have a good chance of making the playoffs despite the injuries, although its not the given that some people are making it out to be. But I'm just thrilled to have games to enjoy.

I was the same way after 2012 and then was spoiled with 2014. After that everything was gravy.

That kinda changed for me after 18-19 season. After that I no longer I still found piece in the cup wins, but wanted to see an entertaining product. That doesn't mean championship product I just wanted the games to entertain me more.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Who the hell are the Kings? Are they the Coyotes B-team that we have to beat to get back into the winners bracket this season to have another shot at the Coyotes A-team?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
That would be great. He was responsible for at least one of the goals against last game, and Pang even called him out on it. Its tough, I'm sure, being thrown into the line-up willy nilly, but its the opportunity he's been working his entire career for. Would be awesome for him to bounce back and have a highlight moment.

Yeah, that was the play where he wasn't in position along the boards and it led to a turnover and quick goal. That's to be expected from a young inexperienced player, but it can't happen too many times. I noticed that Berube basically went with 10 forwards for the 2nd half of the game, so he's not afraid to shorten his bench if he feels he can't trust certain players.

That being said, he should be motivated to make a good impression tonight. I bet Blais will come out strong tonight and I'll say he pots one tonight. Hey, why not?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I still think it is time to put Mikkola back in.
Unless he's dinged up with something that has not yet been reported, I would gladly have him in there instead of 4 or 29. Come to that, I'd actually rather see Walman in there instead of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad