Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Oh well, home games have seemed to be the Blues Kryptonite the past couple seasons. At least they didn't get shutout again on home. Some more take away is overall Dunn looked pretty good pulling 1st line minutes.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Islanders did a good job in capitalizing on the opportunities given to them. Blues couldn't do the same. On to the next one.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Allen cost this game, 2nd, (3rd) and 4th goal were softies. I guess it was the mask fault?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
My opinion from the stands. The first period was absolutely terrible play teamwise. Errant passes, bad decisions with the puck, etc. We settled down about halfway through the 2nd period. A couple of goals for the islanders were transitions back after we had just had a grade a scoring chance that, like most everything for us last night, failed to go in. One of them ricocheted up and behind the forwards who were trying to get the rebound that led to a 2 on 1 back the other way. I counted about 4, maybe 5, pucks off the bar last night. It was disheartening sitting there watching good chance after good chance fail to convert. Sometimes these games happen. Just bad luck. I also hate playing a back to back team that lost the first game. They generally come out with a lot of urgency.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Winning 4 out of every 5 games can't go on forever. Blues need to regroup and get back to their game. 60 or so games left to play. I'd be happy to win 3 out of every 5, make the playoffs, and have our game play be dialed-in for the post-season.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Another lackluster game, better end that trend tomorrow.

Steen's line was a total trainwreck last night.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
From what I seen the entire team didn't play that great. Yeah Allen didn't play fantastic, but, neither did the rest of the team.

Yes that has been continuum, when Allen let softies team front of him play as poorly too. That is going to be huge problem in playoffs, 'cus Allen most likely don't keep up his A+ mode for full of post-season.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Yes that has been continuum, when Allen let softies team front of him play as poorly too. That is going to be huge problem in playoffs, 'cus Allen most likely don't keep up his A+ mode for full of post-season.
It could also be that when the team plays poorly in front of him, he sees higher quality shots against; resulting in more shots going in. The term "softie" has been stretched to include just about 90% of every goal that gets let in. For instance, I don't consider a two on one goal a "softie."

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Name 1 goalie that never has a bad game. Rough games happen, stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad