Fowler - Hakanpaa
Welinski - Shattenkirk
Manson - Drysdale
Miller
Dostal

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
We may have to go to half-assed GDTs where it's "hey, this is the GDT." No info, no pictures, nothing.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 11.26.50 AM.png

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’d assume Blais goes back in for DLR. We are getting zero production out of the 4th line which hurts when the team is struggling to score right now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I don’t think that 3rd line can hold possession long enough to actually produce a scoring chance.
Haha I don't think they'd be THAT bad, and we could shelter them a bit with offensive zone starts against weaker defenders. I like the idea of helping Vova get some mojo back by having Thomas feed him some opportunities against easier defensive matchups.

EDIT this is also under the assumption that opponents would have to put their best defenders out against the Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou line.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Haha I don't think they'd be THAT bad, and we could shelter them a bit with offensive zone starts against weaker defenders. I like the idea of helping Vova get some mojo back by having Thomas feed him some opportunities against easier defensive matchups.

EDIT this is also under the assumption that opponents would have to put their best defenders out against the Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou line.
I agree with you on putting Tarasenko on with Thomas. I think it would benefit both of them. It is the addition of Hoffman that bothers me. I would prefer a defensively sound winger, or a banger to create some space for them. Sanford could be that guy, but unfortunately we never seem to know when he is on his game.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I agree. That 3rd line is also a potential train wreck defensively.
At this moment, I'm less concerned with defense and more concerned with getting the team scoring goals (and getting Vova going in particular). Hey, I could be wrong tho...wouldn't be the first time won't be the last.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I always try to think of the best ways to optimize a players strengths. Hoffman is fast, has a great shot with a superb release, and has a knack for finding the right spot. Theoretically, he should thrive on thrive on a line that creates a bit of chaos, like with Schenn and Schwartz, but for some reason that doesn't work. It is a bit frustrating.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I think the key is upgrading Sanford into a legitimate threat that can also play defensively (essentially a consistent Sanford). I wonder how cheaply Forsberg/Arvidsson could be had out of Nashville.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
When I try to structure best lines, is it bad I don’t have anywhere I like Hoffman?
I think a Sanford - Thomas - Hoffman third line could work well. Thomas and Hoffman played pretty well with Blais in limited time together and historically Sanford has done really well on Thomas' wing.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
This team has shown in the past that they will go through some pretty bad offensive droughts. Then they usually snap out of it by scoring 4-5. This kinda feels like it could be that game.

Miller is in net too so that helps but he seems to play well against the Blues. Anyways, this Blues team is talented to not score like this. Guys are getting healthy and now have some games under their belt to get up to speed. Now is the time we should start to see it come together.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think a Sanford - Thomas - Hoffman third line could work well. Thomas and Hoffman played pretty well with Blais in limited time together and historically Sanford has done really well on Thomas' wing.
The problem with that line is nobody will dig out pucks. None of those guys are workers. That’s where someone like Sunny would be great fit on Thomas wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad