Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Who’s he talking about?

Berube: "I believe there's a bunch of individuals in there that do compete and work and are ready to play. But we have too many that aren't and if that's the case you're going to have a tough time winning. That's the bottom line."
Thomas, Barbie, Parayko come to mind.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Who’s he talking about?

Berube: "I believe there's a bunch of individuals in there that do compete and work and are ready to play. But we have too many that aren't and if that's the case you're going to have a tough time winning. That's the bottom line."

Shots fired.

Reactions: Blueston

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
I agree but he went on to say that guys were too lackadaisical and it cost them an empty net goal. I know Dunn was involved in that play but maybe he’s referring to someone else
Dunn took one to the boys blocking that one lol I'm surprised he was able to even get up and try getting the puck after that

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I agree but he went on to say that guys were too lackadaisical and it cost them an empty net goal. I know Dunn was involved in that play but maybe he’s referring to someone else
Thomas. Need more out of him in general.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Hoffman looked much better with ROR and Perron, keep him up there. Thomas hasn’t been doing anything and shouldn’t be anchoring our best sniper.

Well I’m glad Berube finally did the smart thing and put Hoffman with O’Reilly. Him and Thomas just don’t gel.

It's almost like putting Hoffman with 2 players that can pass and control the play is much better than only 1 player that can pass and that's it.

Thomas needs beefy wingers, not this Sanford bullshit.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Robert Thomas does not look good this year. Just no confidence and commitment to the little things​
I have been concerned about Thomas for some time now. I thought that last season he was playing a little more timidly than usual. Now, I don't mean to overstate this, he still goes to the battle areas, but I have noticed he tends to avoid the physical battles. I thought at first he was just a little gun shy, possibly due to the Krug hit in the SCF, and that he would just play out of it. I haven't seen any changes, though. I could be overreacting, as he has never been a banger, and he doesn't have to be. I just hope he never becomes the kind of player who actively avoids getting hit.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Well, we were due for a stinker. Everything just seemed off all night and Arizona played like a team determined not to lose two in a row.

No reason to push the panic button, but maybe an opportinity to tweak the lines. The only positives were Hoffman starting to find his groove and Binner remaining very sharp. Other than that, I blame the jerseys for the lackluster play.

Reactions: Zamadoo

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hoffman looked much better with ROR and Perron, keep him up there. Thomas hasn’t been doing anything and shouldn’t be anchoring our best sniper.
Agree heavily.

I would dropp Clifford out. That 1st goal was all over him. I dont see in him nothing special. Blais and MacMac are much faster and plays harder game. Clifford is physical, nyt he doesnt have legs to give pressure. He's late from forecheck. He looks so many ways Steve Ott in his last years in Blues.

Code:
Hoffman - ROR - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Sanford - Thomas - Blais
MacMac - Sundqvist - Barbashev

Mikkola - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Dunn/Scandella - Bortuzzo/Gunnar

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
0/4 powerplay

giphy.gif

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Agree heavily.

I would dropp Clifford out. That 1st goal was all over him. I dont see in him nothing special. Blais and MacMac are much faster and plays harder game. Clifford is physical, nyt he doesnt have legs to give pressure. He's late from forecheck. He looks so many ways Steve Ott in his last years in Blues.

Code:
Hoffman - ROR - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Sanford - Thomas - Blais
MacMac - Sundqvist - Barbashev

Mikkola - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Dunn/Scandella - Bortuzzo/Gunnar

I just don't know what you're watching but it's not the same game as everyone else. All 5 players f***ed up on the 1st goal but Clifford is who you want to single out and bench with the premise that it's his speed. The dude has some wheels and we've seen it this season plenty of times. Sanford needs benched, then you move Sunny up to the 3rd and add Mac to the lineup for the 4th line.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I just don't know what you're watching but it's not the same game as everyone else. All 5 players f***ed up on the 1st goal but Clifford is who you want to single out and bench with the premise that it's his speed. The dude has some wheels and we've seen it this season plenty of times. Sanford needs benched, then you move Sunny up to the 3rd and add Mac to the lineup for the 4th line.
Well everybody else kept their man, but Clifford lose his man.

Watch again that 1st goal.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Well everybody else kept their man, but Clifford lose his man.

Watch again that 1st goal.

You should pay attention more closely. Barbashev fell down, losing his man and Clifford tried to cover for him. It was not Cliffords man to begin with but you do you booboo and keep hating who ever you want for no reason.

In fact upon further review it's even worse than I thought. Barbashev was able to get back up and cover his man but instead he started watching the play and didn't even attempt to locate his man until the guy already skated past him. Absolutely terrible play by Barbie.

Reactions: Brian39

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Sanford has been BAD. He’s been dragging down the ROR/DP57 line. Hoffman found his groove right away when they switched him with Sanford.

After the Blues made it 3-2, they should have taken a timeout. Sundqvist and Sanford shouldn’t be out in a goalie pulled situation

Oh and I wouldn’t freak out about Thomas. He’s a playmaking center that needs better linemates. Love Blais but his hockey iq isn’t on Thomas’s level and Hoffman doesn’t work hard enough to mesh.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You should pay attention more closely. Barbashev fell down, losing his man and Clifford tried to cover for him. It was not Cliffords man to begin with but you do you booboo and keep hating who ever you want for no reason.

In fact upon further review it's even worse than I thought. Barbashev was able to get back up and cover his man but instead he started watching the play and didn't even attempt to locate his man until the guy already skated past him. Absolutely terrible play by Barbie.
Barbie isn’t good in own zone. He is great on forecheck but that is it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Sanford has been BAD. He’s been dragging down the ROR/DP57 line. Hoffman found his groove right away when they switched him with Sanford.

After the Blues made it 3-2, they should have taken a timeout. Sundqvist and Sanford shouldn’t be out in a goalie pulled situation

Oh and I wouldn’t freak out about Thomas. He’s a playmaking center that needs better linemates. Love Blais but his hockey iq isn’t on Thomas’s level and Hoffman doesn’t work hard enough to mesh.
Disagree on Thomas. If he is going to be impactful center he needs to make linemates better. Why is Hoffman so much better when he is with ROR? Thomas has talent to be great player. Is he content with being merely good? He is so frustrating bc it is obvious how much better he could be but we can’t will him to it. He needs to do it himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad