GDT: Blues vs. Coy --ope!-- San Jose Sharks| 7pm, FSMW|

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If you had to pick between Perron and Oshie to have played their entire career as a Blue, who’d you choose?
There's a whole lot of bias involved here, because Perron is here and was integral to our Cup run; Oshie has been gone a few years and we've moved past him.

Go back to when we traded Perron the 1st time, or even when we exposed him to Vegas, then ask the question. Everyone will have (in some cases, notably) different views on the two. If you ask this 3 years ago, I think there's more votes for Oshie. He's just won a Cup and gone 8-13-21 there, he's put up 33 goals the season prior, he's doing all the stuff he did here - just for the Capitals. Perron is coming off a career-high 66-point season with Vegas and yet another snooze-inducing playoff performance where his 1-8-9 stat line exceeds what he did in the prior 4 years and 29 playoff games, but still wasn't impressive at all and his goal was an accidental one where it hit him as he was lying in the goal. He's still
regular-season star, playoff dud and we're hoping we can do the regular season thing and then not totally suck in the playoffs like he always has before.

The last 3 years have done a lot to rehabilitate the image of Perron. Yes, he still takes asinine offensive zone penalties, but he finally showed up for a playoff run and he was involved last year as well. Oshie has tailed off a little in scoring, he had the broken collarbone in the '19 playoffs and then the concussion that parked him for a while, and he's faded from everyone's view. That + the bitterness at him at the end of his time here I think has clouded people's memories of what he did here.

Going back to actually answer this: if we're getting the Perron we've seen in his 3rd time around with the Blues back when he was here the 1st or 2nd time, it's likely Perron because he does a hell of a lot more back then and we probably go deeper into the postseason a few times. All-in given what's actually happened, I'd take Oshie for no other reason than he plays with the heart and soul we've always associated Blues hockey with.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i wanna see some more dominating performances. even with the injuries we are a better team than we have shown in some of these games. but you have to be happy with any win you get. our 5on5 scoring is hurting right now though.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Next man up, let's go (checks notes) Poganski!!
I actually thought he looked pretty decent in the games he played so I’m not upset that he’ll be back in.

My main concern with all these injuries is it forces us to keep Sanford in there. I was rooting for him but he is just not producing. He needs to be scratched.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The one who said, “We’re gonna win! We’re gonna win the Cup!”
He realized it the same moment that thousands of us watching did too, but he was the first one to say it out loud. Frankly, that may have been the first championship emotion moment in Blues history.

To answer the original question, I wouldn’t change a thing. The goodwill Perron engendered by signing back in St Louis after the Vegas stint, and the things he learned from their SCF run were important.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Sanford is one of the most frustrating player ever to me. He will look great for 2-3 games then he will be bad for several games. Then have another good game and several bad games.
And somehow score at a 50 point clip, I dont understand the enigma that is Sanford

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
When has Tag Bramford ever scored at a 50 point pace?
Sorry, I thought it was close to a 50 point pace. He would've had 42 points in an 82 game season last year. But he had a crazy stretch of 11 points in 9 games and then like a bunch of random games where he scored 3 and 4 points. I just don't understand him as a player at all. Good hands, big guy, has good skill and just... hardly looks engaged and always looks lost

Reactions: mike1320

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
When has Tag Bramford ever scored at a 50 point pace?
Sorry, I thought it was close to a 50 point pace. He would've had 42 points in an 82 game season last year. But he had a crazy stretch of 11 points in 9 games and then like a bunch of random games where he scored 3 and 4 points. I just don't understand him as a player at all. Good hands, big guy, has good skill and just... hardly looks engaged and always looks lost
He had 20 points in 30 games in the turn of 2020 until the shutdown, which is a 55 point pace over 82. Probably the only time in his career he's strung more than 3-4 games of good play together.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Thought Scandella looked good tonight. Nice to have him back.
He was flying out there tonight. Scandy looked like a man on mission, you love to see it.

We deserved to win tonight. Played so well and worked so hard other than a 10 min stretch in the second. Obviously happy we got the win, but more so happy the hard work and good play was rewarded.

Krug - Faulk pairing was incredible tonight, good lord.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
You can't expect goalies to play when the strap comes off. A loose helmet on a goalie is dangerous

I would expect them to not rip their helmet off during play and stand there in net like a f***ing moron. The helmet will still protect you even if it's not tight but taking it off completely is absurd. We're literally talking about what could be the difference between life and death because you're relying on other people to notice your stupidity.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So Faulk playing at 1st PP and it instantly works. Well better later then never they use Faulk's best attributes. It take only 1.5 year to our coaching staff to understand to use Faulk at PP. So it will take another 1.5 year to dimish Faulk PK icetime and play Mikkola with Parayko. Best shutdown pair. Use Mikkola heavy minutes at PK and shutdown role. Eventually I can say again. I was right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->