GDT: Blues vs Blue(s) Jackets || Game 29 || 7pm

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Ridiculous. He was out there for a lot of long good possession shifts tonight. I think he looks good. Had some nice takeaways and battles.
That’s exaggerated, but even so, this is not a description you’re expecting about your superstar player night after night - “had some good battles and takeaways”. He keeps getting new line mates and can’t click with anyone. What does that tell us?

Reactions: I3LI3

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s exaggerated, but even so, this is not a description you’re expecting about your superstar player night after night - “had some good battles and takeaways”. He keeps getting new line mates and can’t click with anyone. What does that tell us?

The Gaudreau - Jenner - Marchenko line was 8 GF and 2 GA. Best goals for per minute of any line we've tried this year. That is what clicking is.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
There is just so much talent on this team ...........

Exactly. Yet we have people panicking and firing everyone after each loss.

It's an unusually deep with talent young roster. I mean, I watch a lot of different teams every night and this one just feels to have more of that top end talent than most. Young top end talent in development. It's going to become a dynasty of sorts if the HO can manage the cap after extensions, to keep the Russians together happy and not get totally milked by agent. KJ will need to be extended, then you gotta bring in Mateychuk, Dumais into this already crazy roster

They need time and health. CBJ are getting better by the game and they're just starting.

We'll have that 3 scoring line depth soon, that's what top tier teams have. Defense will grow into it, too much talent there not to.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You could give him another ten million and it won't change anything. He is who he is. A really good player that can be great with the right linemates.

FWIW Gaudreau was 85% xG tonight. And I have zero problem with him with Jenner. It's the RW that needs sorted.
Funny. My xG for him tonight was zero.

• Haha
Reactions: Marioesque

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
gave up 24 shots in the 3rd, still an issue but atleast Greaves stood tall.
It was a 6 v 5 for the last 5 minutes, we went into PK mode and kept everything to the outside and gave them low percentage shots. While it may be turtling, our PK is 5th in the league and they did pretty well to force everything to the outside and give Greaves a clean look at most of the shots.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Attended a birthday dinner last night so watched a recording this morning. Nice game. It was good seeing the Russian Line back to form and especially nice seeing Chinakov get two. I remain impressed by Voronkov as he did so many nice plays. If Yegor keeps developing this could be a strong line for quite a while.

The Fantilli goal was a beauty and let’s keep working that line. Kent seems to mesh so well with Mo.

My only disappointment was the final five minutes. An empty net all that time and we didn’t even threaten it until the final five seconds except for a Chinakov attempt. I know the goal is to defend but it was like watching five Central Park statues who occasionally moved to a loose puck only to poke at it with no real purpose beyond moving it. Frankly the Blues should have scored again on several chances to make it 4-3. I just don’t like that style. The quickest way to ice the game is to put the puck in the empty net.

That being said, kudos to Jet Greaves who played well and survived being under siege in those last five. He made some other great saves before that sequence.

Finally to Johnny. I’m not breaking up the Russian line of Fantilli line just to get accommodate him. I’m expecting Boone to be out a few games. If that’s the case, it’s likely Danforth to center with Laine on RW (if he’s ready) or Johnny to Fantilli’s line with Bemstrom joining Danforth and Laine.

Reactions: VT

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Attended a birthday dinner last night so watched a recording this morning. Nice game. It was good seeing the Russian Line back to form and especially nice seeing Chinakov get two. I remain impressed by Voronkov as he did so many nice plays. If Yegor keeps developing this could be a strong line for quite a while.

The Fantilli goal was a beauty and let’s keep working that line. Kent seems to mesh so well with Mo.

My only disappointment was the final five minutes. An empty net all that time and we didn’t even threaten it until the final five seconds except for a Chinakov attempt. I know the goal is to defend but it was like watching five Central Park statues who occasionally moved to a loose puck only to poke at it with no real purpose beyond moving it. Frankly the Blues should have scored again on several chances to make it 4-3. I just don’t like that style. The quickest way to ice the game is to put the puck in the empty net.

That being said, kudos to Jet Greaves who played well and survived being under siege in those last five. He made some other great saves before that sequence.

Finally to Johnny. I’m not breaking up the Russian line of Fantilli line just to get accommodate him. I’m expecting Boone to be out a few games. If that’s the case, it’s likely Danforth to center with Laine on RW (if he’s ready) or Johnny to Fantilli’s line with Bemstrom joining Danforth and Laine.
6 weeks for Jenner is the report. So probably be gone atleast until after the holiday break. Sillinger may be back soon so thats another potential option

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Reason 3004 why we badly miss Gus Nyquist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad