Half-Assed GDT: Blues vs Arizona: the I love you edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
So Binnington now needs 12 games for him to remain a RFA. That shouldn't be a problem with how he is playing.

Reactions: Bendak

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
giphy.gif
Don't worry. Maybe next game.... or the next game............................... or the next game. :rolleyes:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah but him not playing good (nobody except O'Reilly was for the first 30 games) was to be expected after such a long time out. So while I get what you are saying the only way to get him back up to game speed is to play him some games. Also, I don't think swapping out 1 bottom 6 player is going to mess with the team chemistry much.

Either way nice win and another shutout for Winnington!!
But why risk it?

I can assure you the moment we lose Fabbri is going to get in.

Just relax and enjoy the winning streak, man. You don’t need to worry so much about Robby Fabbri.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Berube just cracked my shit up during that interview.

Interviewer: Have you had a chance to look at the scores tonight?
Berube: No, haven't had a chance to look at any of the scores.
Interviewer: Well, Dallas lost
Berube nodding slowly as a slight smile comes out and nonchalantly says: Hmmm, ok, ok, well that's good.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nah. They’re only 4 back of Wild. I don’t like Coyotes chances bc I don’t think they’re very good but they are absolutely still in hunt.
They have 55 points with 25 games left. Even if they would get in with 87 points, you think they are capable of going 16-9 over that stretch? I’ll say no. They’re not making it.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
But why risk it?

I can assure you the moment we lose Fabbri is going to get in.

Just relax and enjoy the winning streak, man. You don’t need to worry so much about Robby Fabbri.
Yup! Exactly! Lose and Fabbri is in.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
The first few minutes of the game were really impressive. The Blues dominated. AZ adjusted after that but they couldn’t do much on offense. Not trying to take anything away from Binnington but he didn’t have to work too hard tonight.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The Blues finally got off O'Reilly's back, and he doesn't have to feel cursed. They finally are in a better situation than Buffalo, and are on the upswing. He can finally feel good again about being traded to The Blues. :laugh:
Makes you wonder where all those Buffalo fans are that were shit talking the Blues and saying ROR kills teams.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
They have 55 points with 25 games left. Even if they would get in with 87 points, you think they are capable of going 16-9 over that stretch? I’ll say no. They’re not making it.
Might not take 87 this year. Blues are playing great now, but part of how we got back in it is teams below us are generally playing terrible. Not saying Coyotes will go on run like that, but saying team in their position could go on a run and make it bc Wild, Avalanche, etc.. are really struggling now.

STLegend

Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
berubes comment on how this line is playing great and Thomas still gets his minutes on the PP makes me believe when we need the shake up that Thomas will be moving up.
Agreed, IDK what they do though when Perron is back, Fabbri needs to get in there but I don't see how they can justify taking 2 guys out of the lineup.

Don't mess with top line, they have been dominate. That 2nd line is lacking so I'd like to see Thomas center it with Perron and Schwartz on the wings. Bozak bumps Sundqvist back with Barbashev on the 4th, and I feel Mac complements them both and has been playing all out each game. So that leaves Bozak centering Steen and I would prefer either of Fabbri or Stanford. With Maroon on heavy nights, but someone has to go down sooooo it's gotta be Mac or Sanford right?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
that game was boring, fell asleep after the first period.

a win is a win though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->